Tire inflators

One I carry now is made by the people that do Slime products... http://www.slime.com/product/911/Tire-Top-Off-(40020).html
2010070711230044366_med.jpg

Got it as a gift ( tho I see its about $13 )... it will pump up to 40 lbs+ and its small enough.

I reciently went on a search for a Slime compresser. I found the best selection and bought this one for $10.

I hate to be the one to burst all you slime pump fans bubbles but I just had a rear tire flat and after plugging it I attempted to fill the tire with my slime pump. I had used the pump to top-off the tires when the pressure got low and it worked great (except the pressure gage is inaccurate) After less than 10 minutes of pumping, the slime pump started to turn electricity into noise instead of psi....

It probably wouldn't hurt to put a couple of drops of compressor oil into the air intake and run it for 30 seconds. The small one is $9.99 at Walmart these days. I still have my original Airman from 2007... probably should give it a drop or two of oil as well, as I haven't used it recently.

I have used both the Slime Pump and the Cycle Pump....Hands down, if you need a pump, you will want the Cycle Pump. Yes it is pricey, but you get what you pay for. I have inflated many tires (on many other bikes too) with the Cycle Pump and it always works (it will seat a new tire on the rim). It is sturdy and used by the military...if you expect it to work every time, get a Cycle Pump...if you are a gambler, then get a cheap pump. Good Luck and Cheers, Brad

I got my electric pump from Dynaplug it is a Campbell Hausfeld and it cost $20. It is MUCH better quality than the Slime pump, and not much bigger. The pressure gauge actually works accurately. I wired the end so I can plug it into my battery tender plug.

I modified a smart car compressor and hardwired it to the bike it fits perfect under the seat when I get time I will post a video of it.

I have the cycle pump, it is sturdy and powerfull, and comes w/all of the means to power off of any set up that your bike has: powerlet, cigarette, pigtial, and good old fashioned battery jumper clamps.

I've stored my Slime pump in the locking fairing pocket on my ST1300. I wonder if the long term heat has messed with it?

Maybe I should take it out and test it...

CyclePump is with me at all times... thankfully I haven't needed to use it so I can't comment on it's performance. Suppose I should run it again though.
:think1:

I've stored my Slime pump in the locking fairing pocket on my ST1300. I wonder if the long term heat has messed with it? Maybe I should take it out and test it...

Doubt it the compressor is gonna get a lot hotter when it runs.

I went with the Air Revolution from Twisted Throttle. Compact, cheap, and works great. For $10, it's a steal.

My pump and patch kit typically sit in my saddle bag all the time, and will spend years bouncing around before I actually need them. My logic in the manual pump was that I didn't want to be in the middle of nowhere trying to fix an electrical/mechanical pump so I can subsequently fix my tire.

One I carry now is made by the people that do Slime products... http://www.slime.com/product/911/Tire-Top-Off-(40020).html
2010070711230044366_med.jpg

Got it as a gift ( tho I see its about $13 )... it will pump up to 40 lbs+ and its small enough.
Thanks for the info. That looks great. Any trouble threading the air hose onto the rear tire valve?
There isn't a whole lot of room there.
I have a very difficult time getting my conventional floor pump hose on it because it has to be pushed on and then bent horizontal and if it isn't done correctly it can really deflate your tire.

Thanks for the info. That looks great. Any trouble threading the air hose onto the rear tire valve?
There isn't a whole lot of room there.

Two things help... the angled valve stems ...

and better yet a valve extender; called 'check a spare' about $8 on amazon, has two valves so no air loss putting on/off

213Wa0eiXgL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Back
Top Bottom