Tire pressure monitoring system?

Bike
ST1100(s), Nortons,
Have 3 hawkshead systems plus T valves. One monitor failed after just over year and was hoping for warranty, but no joy. Otherwise no complaints. Tried to find another source for the T valves but can only find HH.

T_C

Bike
2005 St1300
STOC #
The only downside is that the battery in the sensor is not changeable, so need new sensors every 3 years or so, and I think Orange may be out of business. I may also have to look for another system now :-(
I'm using a gen 1 Orange, the batteries last much longer then you think. I've only changed sensors once and been riding for a few years. (Wow... I can't remember when I installed but it's been over 130k miles).

Bike
2016 FJR1300 ES
I'm using a gen 1 Orange, the batteries last much longer then you think. I've only changed sensors once and been riding for a few years. (Wow... I can't remember when I installed but it's been over 130k miles).
On my Gen 1 Orange, the sensors lasted about three years. I bought a new set of sensors from Taiwan ($80 shipped!). I managed to connect one of them to the system, but it would not recognize the other one. After complaining, they told me that they no longer made the Gen 1 sensors, so instead they offered to send me a Gen 2 complete system for free. That's pretty good customer service, and it's definitely better than Gen 1. It has a white background LCD which is easier to read, and it tells you whenever the sensor batteries are low - which is where I am today after about three years of use. After about 20 min of riding my rear sensor voltage reads 2.6V, where the front reads 2.8V. Not sure how low I can go, but the LCD starts to flash when voltage drops below 2.7V it seems...

I installed the front sensor a year later than the rear, so maybe that's why the rear voltage is lower. I recognize that sensors are always on, but maybe they use more power when in use?

Bike
2016 FJR1300 ES
Who/where is the contact? Think my front sensor is going.
It was several years ago and the contact has since disappeared. I was then in contact with a US dealer who was selling Orange systems. I'm not sure Orange is available any longer, but will have to Google. Note that if you have a Gen 1 system you almost certainly cannot get replacement sensors. I have a Gen 2 (the white LCD) and will try to see if I can find anyone that sells sensors. Alternatively I might force open the sensor and replace the battery myself - but it won't be pretty!

T_C

Bike
2005 St1300
STOC #
Yeah, he quit selling them awhile back. If you go to his normal web-page the option to buy doesn't exist. He does sell gen 2 replacement sensors.

Going to Orange manufacturers website they are now selling a M207 version. The sensors have the tire stem at an angle. Nice.

But no US seller, only option I can find is from Taiwan via eBay. (sigh, I like my Orange unit.)

Bike
2018 GL1800 Airbag
STOC #
I've got the FOBO on my ST and Hawkshead on my V Strom. The Fobo app on my iphone has lost the sensors on occasion - usually noticed when I am ready to leave in the morining. Reconnecting has been a bit of a pita - but then, most fiddling with a (notso)smartphone is frustrating, no doubt due in part to my ignorance. Once connected, I've had no problems and the iphone screen is easier to read - or provides a better format - for the info than my Hawkshead. I've had the Fobo for about 2 years and the Hawkshead for one riding season - no problems at all w/ the Hawkshead, tho their instructions are a bit confusing. Battery life is supposed to be about the same for both brands' sensors, but I replace the batteries at the beginning of the riding season - sort of like changing batteries in smoke detectors on New Years day whether they need to be changed or not. Preventative maintenance.
I bought FOBO for my Goldwing, but haven't mounted it yet. I run my audio through my phone. I was afraid that I wouldn't hear an alarm from the others because of eaplugs/buds. As long as it goes through the phone I should be able to hear it in my earbuds. I have a Rupse unit for my Versys and it was very easy to set up, and appears to work well. I just hope I can hear it if it goes off.

Last edited:
Bike
2010 ST1300
I bought FOBO for my Goldwing, but haven't mounted it yet. I run my audio through my phone. I was afraid that I wouldn't hear an alarm from the others because of eaplugs/buds. As long as it goes through the phone I should be able to hear it in my earbuds. I have a Rupe unit for my Versys and it was very easy to set up, and appears to work well. I just hope I can hear it if it goes off.
You will hear it. I used my Bose noise cancelling ear buds w/ the Fobo and it went off once. Music stopped. I heard the alert.

Bike
2016 FJR1300 ES
Yeah, he quit selling them awhile back. If you go to his normal web-page the option to buy doesn't exist. He does sell gen 2 replacement sensors.

Going to Orange manufacturers website they are now selling a M207 version. The sensors have the tire stem at an angle. Nice.

But no US seller, only option I can find is from Taiwan via eBay. (sigh, I like my Orange unit.)
Yeah, it's a real shame that Orange doesn't support their systems for more than a few years - they force you to buy a new system every few years, which is silly. I liked my Gen 1 system, but was forced to go to a Gen 2 as the old sensors were no longer available. I am now almost at the same situation - RRR has a few more Gen 2 sensors, but will not get any more...and you can't really stock up on the sensors, as they wear out even on the shelf. Maybe time to go to another brand even though I really like my Gen 2 Orange system

Top Bottom