Top Box Aerodynamics

Tallest Clearview windshield. Fully loaded panniers and Givi top box. No pillion but a small dry bag on the rear seat. 125 mph on occasions and no weave for 5000 miles. I believe you are over thinking the issue.

I just did a test today and removed the top box. I did 225 miles solo at varying speeds. My mileage dropped from 49.5 to 46.8 without the box. The box is going back on.

I'm young, but don't tell me I did'nt feel your insistance...

Lower the charge is better on bikes all times. And better a?rodynamic is a good corellation with the CX. These boxes are dragging because they are too high. And worst with side winds, they are making the bike waving.

Simple solution is to accept these inconvenients cause the advantages are more important : seems to say the majority.

Thanks everyone. This is very good feedback. I think I will put a packed bag (I always pack too much anyhow) on the rear seat, pack the box light, balance my load, loosen my grip, keep the speed down in traffic, and be cautious when I am on the road without traffic.

Excellent choice and what I've done for 10 years with the and Honda Valkyrie's. I can't figure where all the top box is bad choice come from. Love a top box. Easy to lock up the things I'd rather not have stolen while I wizz at a truck stop.

In my humble opinion how high you have the front screen makes much more difference then what you have sitting in your bodies slipstream behind you.

Raymond

Back
Top Bottom