Tourmaster customer service A+

Throttlejockey

Padden is my hero
Bike
06 ST1300
STOC #
So I want to change my Tourmaster Synergy 1.0 over to the new dual controller. I wanted an adapter so I could change to a W&S controller.

I emailed Tourmaster asking if they made an adapter and they replied back they were sending an adapter and a new 2.0 dual controller! I never expected anything for free and was ready to just pay for an adapter.

What great customer service!

I also had great customer service from them when one of my controllers stopped working, called them and they sent me a new one right out with no charge. :D

They sent me a new dual controller too for my old Gen 1 jacket, didn't get an adapter for my 1.0 but they are cheap on ebay. Pretty good service, mine was well out of warranty. I'll buy more Tourmaster stuff... no doubt.

I would ditch that Synergy jacket before you have a serious problem. My first one got a severe hot spot while riding home from a long trip, combined with intermittent turning off. I thought it was a bad controller or connection. I felt discomfort but the combination of cold and tired caused me to keep riding. 1200 miles later I arrived home and once the jacket was removed I found a burn on my stomach the size of a quarter, with a big blister. I called Tourmaster and all they said was bring the jacket back to where I bought it and it would go out for repair. I brought it back, and fortunately the dealer (Whitehorse Gear) was shocked when they saw the burn, and instead of just sending it out, they handed me a new jacket off the shelf. I was left with a scar the size of a nickel.

A year after I got the replacement that one started having the same problem. Tourmaster said I already had a replacement, and since it was more than a year after my original purchase (of the 1st jacket...just under a year for the replacement) that I was out of luck. I cut open the jacket and below is a photo of what they consider wiring. This simply had tape over it. I cut it out, ordered a dual controller, and rewired it to bypass the original controller, and cut out & repaired every original connection while I was in there. I haven't had a problem since. The second photo is my solder connection...a bit better than what they did.

2014-02-05_18-13-17_89.jpg
2014-02-05_18-28-49_823.jpg

Top Bottom