TPMS A great way to top up your tires

Bike
1&2&3-2005 ST1300ABS
2024 Miles
STOC #
I just installed the Orange TPMS this summer. After the new tires were installed, I topped up the tires with air up to 42 psi. After a month or so, the pressure dropped to 41. So I gave both tires a shot and they both rose to 43 psi. Well, everything was fine and dandy up until this morning. Back down to 41 on both of them. Again, gave them both a 2 second shot of air and they rose up to 43.
Colder temperatures here are probably another contributing factor for the pressure dropping.
Just wanted to share how easy it is to top up the tires with a TPMS Installed.
Tire gauges are a thing of the past for me.

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
They are nice to have. Hope the Orange stands up to time for you. I may have to go to Doran for my next one as mine didn't last and I got VERY spoiled being able to see the pressure and not get on my knees to check it every time.

T_C

Bike
2005 St1300
STOC #
Yeah.. they make life easier, or is it lazier? Either way I like having not to get on my knees and digging out the gauge.

Last night while I was re-mounting my rear tire I had to let all the air out to get it in the swingarm. So once in and I started re-assembly I added some air. Turned on the bike and let the unit read the tire. I did some more work, check the TPMS, add air, work, check TPMS, add air, etc...

Makes life much easier. Also love being able to see temp and have it alternate. Just wish I could find a way to make the alternating permanent and not have to set it each time.

OP
OP
Al Gully
Bike
1&2&3-2005 ST1300ABS
2024 Miles
STOC #
They are nice to have. Hope the Orange stands up to time for you. I may have to go to Doran for my next one as mine didn't last and I got VERY spoiled being able to see the pressure and not get on my knees to check it every time.
My rear sensor was a bit finicky at first, though it was the farthest away from the receiver or because I had the reciever mounted on a steel dashboard. What I do now in the morning is turn the key past the ON position to the accessory position (farthest to the right). Leave it in that position for about 15 seconds till both tires register. I find when I do this, I get less E2 faults. Just trying to eliminate any radio signals off the bike playing havoc with the bluetooth signal to the tires. Even thought my garage door opener had something to do with the delayed signal to the receiver.

Last edited:
Top Bottom