Tracer 900 GT

fnmag

R.I.P. - 2020
Rest In Peace
Bike
'06 ST1300/Burgmn400
If you start riding again Coop, who's going to take care of the Lubbock shaved ice stand? :)

Coop

R.I.P. - 2022/10/6
Rest In Peace
STOC #
If you start riding again Coop, who's going to take care of the Lubbock shaved ice stand? :)
I'm not sure, but those topless ladies are getting older now and I'm not selling so much shave ice.

fnmag

R.I.P. - 2020
Rest In Peace
Bike
'06 ST1300/Burgmn400
It's here and it's a beauty! 4pm is the magic moment. I'd post her picture, but it's in messages and I'm lost.
Yee Haw!
It's a grand day in Lubbock.
I do believe you're gonna luv that triple.
Welcome back to the asphalt. :old1:

OP
OP
Mellow

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
Just keep it in mode-B and TCS-2 until you get used to it... even with that an aggressive take off will caused some bunny hoping as the TCS tries to keep the wheelies down.. I pretty much ride with mine in those settings even in aggressive twisties..

Coop

R.I.P. - 2022/10/6
Rest In Peace
STOC #
Just keep it in mode-B and TCS-2 until you get used to it... even with that an aggressive take off will caused some bunny hoping as the TCS tries to keep the wheelies down.. I pretty much ride with mine in those settings even in aggressive twisties..
I might be going 20 mph @ 8000 rpm for a while. I did survive a ride on a H1 Kawasaki so I might be running low on luck. Thanks Joe!

Coop

R.I.P. - 2022/10/6
Rest In Peace
STOC #
Not I. ;) the Tracer GT is on my short list if anything happens to my current ride, but I'd just go buy another of what I already have if something happens to this one.

Chris
The F800 GT was on my short list until I found out they weren't listed anymore. I would have gladly gone to Kansas City to get one too. Engles is the friendliest BMW dealer I've found.

Coop

R.I.P. - 2022/10/6
Rest In Peace
STOC #
I got my first 200 miles on Black Betty and I likes her. One thing that was very noticeable to me was that she didn't dance around as much in bad air like my ST did. Probably due to the small windshield. Now back to the owners manual to figure out how to access all the features.

Coop

R.I.P. - 2022/10/6
Rest In Peace
STOC #
The traction control on my '15 FJ-09 does a very good job of "killing" the wheelies. As soon as it thinks the front wheel is about to lift, it intervenes. Not sure if it shuts off a cylinder or what, but it is quite effective. Now, with a long-press of the TCS button you can disable that function and it will magically turn into a wheelie machine! (Don't ask how I know...)

Owners report chains easily lasting 20,000+ miles. I've adjusted mine once in 5000 miles, and then when I replaced the rear tire. The new O and X ring chains are great improvements over old chains and the new lubes cling to the chains better.

I know Yamaha is marketing the Tracer GT as a Sport "Touring" bike, and we with our STs, Connies, FJRs and other Mile Munchers realize what we consider short-comings of the platform, but I believe their thinking is good. WE might not consider it a LD bike, but for riders looking for something that offers more comfort and storage than the scramblers and street fighters, the Tracer GT is a great step up.

You will be able to walk in to the dealer, plunk down you $$ and ride off with a nicely farkled bike that is hundreds of pounds lighter than our big-ol bikes, has an astounding engine and HP/Weight ratio, all the latest 'letronic nannies and will strafe corners like a P-51, all covered by a factory warranty. You might not consider it LD worthy, but how many of us toured on RD-250s and CB-350s, because it was what we had. And this bike will be much more capable than those...

I know I'm very happy with my FJ. No, it's not a replacement for my ST1100, but man, is it a blast to ride!
That ammo can storage you built is pretty awesome Pat. All the lights are led except the turn signals. How hard would the conversion be?

Bike
VStrom 650
I might be going 20 mph @ 8000 rpm for a while. I did survive a ride on a H1 Kawasaki so I might be running low on luck. Thanks Joe!
Coop if you survived a Kawasaki H1 mklll you are probably invincible. 30.4 cu in of pure adrenaline fueled madness.
Enjoy your 900. And if you want her to change the locks by a H1.
Upt'North.

Top Bottom