Travel suggestion - tools

Bike
2021 Tracer 9GT
STOC #
I have found all of this out the hard way:
Besides what in in your stock tool kit and whatever multitool you carry, always carry a 22 and 27 mm socket with you for wheel removal. Everyone has a 1/2" drive wrench of some sort; very few people have sockets this size.
A baby air compressor is worth its weight in gold when you need it.
Ditto for a tire plug kit, small jumper cables and a flashlight.

Bike
st1300 '04
STOC #
+1
There's a number of threads on this listing suggested tools.
Prolly a good idea to be able to pull wheels and have tools to work on whatever you can do on the side of the road.

RAN list, fuses, wire, strippers, duct tape, and a spare key come in handy as well as a credit card.

1-1/16 socket is the same as a 27mm socket.

Bike
'07STA
STOC #
Can you please explain or draw a tutorial?
Much appreciated.

When I drove from home (Nova Scotia) to California in Aug 2013 the gas cap would not open in Hanksville Utah. Luckily I had allen wrenches with and when I loosen the screws it opened. When I got home I filed the areas where the cap touched the tank. So far so good. Search on the site for other people having the same problem. But as far as tools --- air pressure gauge and allen wrenches... but do all the regular maintenance and all will be fine.

hope this helps

SupraSabre

48 Years of SoCal Lane Splitting/Commuting-Retired
Site Supporter
Bike
12/04 ST 1300s
2024 Miles
STOC #
When you are on a long trip, you just never know what you might need.

My trip to Oregon proved that!

dsc00630.jpg

I was going to go light on my tools and then at the last minute, I decided to carry a few more!

I was able to remove Dave's rear rim/tire so we could get a new tire and bearings installed!

(We actually went to the Travis Airbase auto hobby shop to press in the bearings! :D

Top Bottom