Triumph Sprint ST

Bike
06 ST1300A
STOC #
Be sure to check resale on the Triumph.They don't hold their value like the VFR.So if I had to have the Sprint I would buy used especially in this market.

Bike
2005 ST1300
Be sure to check resale on the Triumph.They don't hold their value like the VFR.So if I had to have the Sprint I would buy used especially in this market.
who cares about re-sale (sounds like a Harely statement...its not an investement).. ride the damm thing till all the friggen parts fall out of it...

Bike
2006 St1300
who cares about re-sale (sounds like a Harely statement...its not an investement).. ride the damm thing till all the friggen parts fall out of it...
Agreed

Old bumper sticker: "All the parts falling off this car are of the finest British Workmanship"

Bike
'16 Versys 650LT
STOC #
Gotta admit that I would LOVE to have a Sprit ST. They are seriously FINE looking machines and there's even a nostagia thing with me and Triumphs since I owned 3 of them as a teenager. However, the relative lack of dealer support and reported parts acquisition problems is what lead me to the VFR. I seriously considered the Sprint before buying my last VFR. Maybe next time if my Viffer ever wears out.

OP
OP
steve18
Well, I ended up not getting to the Triumph dealership. I went to check out the VFR. It turns out it's an '03 VFR (my mistake). Has 2000 miles on it and is ABS. It has a few scratches on the left side cowl from tipping over in the garage and a small dent on the tank from a broom hitting it. Other than that, it's beautiful. I rode it and had to buy it. He sold it for 5000. Nice compliment for the ST!

Steve

Attachments

would have been great to have ALL three..st, vfr, sprint...but, with only two in garage...i second your choice...very nice price, too, on the v-four vfr...can always get the hard bags if you want...the st ride & a vfr ride are very complementary...i know i like to switch off from one to the other...each has its particular way to ride...vfr is more "sporty" for sure...in a good way!..enjoy!:03biker:

Bike
'06 ST1300A
Truthfully, methinks you can't really go wrong with either one. I personally would've gone with the Sprint ST, but that's because I had a Sprint RS and I love, LOVE, LOVE the triple engine. Way more soul than a V-4. but that's me.. :cool:

Bike
2005 ST1300
Got to jump on Mr Padden's Sprint on Wednesday while down in FL..

Given the fact that it had just finished raining, not my bike, wife on the back I took it way easy..all I can say man it felt like there was a ton of power just sitting there calling my name:D..

Shifting felt good, and my RPMs did not exceed 5 but HEYZUUS you could just hear her whispering...;)

Feels like a great 1 up bike (wife was not too comfortable) but the Sprint sure would be a fun sidekick..

Real real nice ride...as soon as I got off and left Tom's house the sun came out..figures..:rolleyes:

Bike
2006 St1300
A Triumph dealership just opened 1.1 miles from my door. They have Sprints, Tigers, Speed Triples.... even have a 1955 Tiger T110 on the floor next to the Norton and Xcelsior.

I'm getting gun shy. Does the Sprint have the same vile "Fainting" tendancies that the ST has? Eventually,I AM going to get hurt .:(

Top Bottom