Triumph Sprint vs. Yamaha FJR? Comparison?

Bike
2007 ST1300
Maybe I'm confusing/combining threads? Or I'm in the twilight zone? Or maybe I need to read this while I am not hold a baby? Sorry, I'll slink back into lurk mode. :doh1:

TPadden

Tom Padden
Maybe I'm confusing/combining threads? Or I'm in the twilight zone? Or maybe I need to read this while I am not hold a baby? Sorry, I'll slink back into lurk mode. :doh1:
John,

Naw ....... disregard my ramblings as the sarcastic spewing of an often deleted curmudgeon ........:rolleyes: ....... apologies:).

tlartist

Tom Laux
Bike
ST1300
Just a couple thoughts. I think you need to figure out how much your wife might be riding with you. My wife also rode sitting straight up and because of the st lean did not ride with me. Renting a harley actually fit her riding style better and she was more comfortable. So if you only ride together a couple times a year maybe you want to consider renting a harley and put your own wants as primary on picking a bike. For sure test ride all of them and then decide. I personally think variety is good. If you like something other than an st go for it.
Posted via Mobile Device

OP
OP
rickj

rickj

Former ST1300 Rider. FJR now.
Bike
2012 BMW R1200 GSA
STOC #
Just a couple thoughts. I think you need to figure out how much your wife might be riding with you. My wife also rode sitting straight up and because of the st lean did not ride with me. Renting a harley actually fit her riding style better and she was more comfortable. So if you only ride together a couple times a year maybe you want to consider renting a harley and put your own wants as primary on picking a bike. For sure test ride all of them and then decide. I personally think variety is good. If you like something other than an st go for it.
Posted via Mobile Device
Renting occasionally when Marilyn rides has been suggested and is a viable option that I'm giving thought to. Not sure if it would be a Harley though.

I am going to test ride both bikes at some point when I'm closer to being able to buy one. If I really like the Triumph, another option is to get an older ST1100 or Wing for rides with the wife and the Triumph for me. I'm looking at used bike prices here. If I went FJR, it would be an '06 (Gen II) which I think I could pick up for arond $8K. On the Triumph it would be an '05 or newer one, and I think I could get away with $6K, so there could be some money left over for a "touring" bike. That would be three bikes in the gararge though!

Thanks for all the input.

Rick

Top Bottom