Triumph Thunderbird

Bike
ST1300
STOC #
I saw one at the dealership and I think it could be a real nice cruiser. Getting a test ride is something to work at if you are looking for a big cruiser. Very comfortable on the showroom floor.

Tom

OP
OP
Bike
2006 St1300
It's not for me. I have a friend who was anxiously awaiting the sale of these.... Now they're out and I'm interested in the impressions/feedback.

Bike
Kawasaki Versys 1000
Just purchased one and I love it. Do not take a test drive unless your ready to buy one. I was not even thinking about a new bike but it has everything that I wanted except locking storage (Givi case?). It having No chain is great and the belt is very hefty compared to HD and they never seem to have issues. Water cooled with a big radiator-getting stuck in traffic is a reality on the super slab even. The stock seat if very comfortable for a rider and passenger-sissy bar with back rest and big rack for the sissybar bag to go on. Big windshield and lower wind deflectors-ABS brakes work very well. I have not had much time to drive it but I was impressed enough to plunk down my Shadow as down payment. The 6 speed and power let it just loaf along at 80 mph. It lacks the full weather protection of the ST but it not bad with crash bar chaps-it does have what most cruisers lack. RANGE- 5.8 gallon tank and the damn thing gets over 45 mpg even-most cruisers are a pathetic 3.7 gallon or even less. They are ashamed of big gas tanks, check the new Honda 1300. I went in to look at NV and the 1300 but was not impressed. This is one impressive bike.

TwoBrittanys

aka itsbent
Bike
'04 ST1300ABS
IMHO its a winner. If only they could find a way to integrate the radiator a bit better I would consider one. Right now it just looks out of place, like an afterthought. Otherwise, gorgeous and great performance. I'll stick with my Scrambler a while longer.
Posted via Mobile Device

STOC #
If I was in the market for a cruiser it would absolutely be a T-Bird Storm :

A few months ago I had the pleasure of a 1/2 day test ride along the Fort Lauderdale beaches of a standard 2010 and was really impressed. It was well balanced, loved the vertical twin, the ergos where well thought out, shifted great (not truckish like most other big cruisers), the only problem I had and have with most cruisers was the short travel rear suspension but it wasn't mine so I didn't play around with the pre-load settings.

I'm not into cleaning chrome but with the addition of the Storm trim I am having a hard time not trading in my NRS :D

Top Bottom