Uneven Tire wear!

Bike
ST1300 2008
Just got back from a 3k mile ride through NV and modly in CA. The wear on the front tire was not even!
THe left side of the front tire was almost down to the cords but the right side was still good for anothe 1500 miles!
Any clews, ideas?
One more thing the bike turns to the right and almost falls into the corner but turning left is not as easy and almost have to force the bike to
turn left!

Last edited:
Reset your front Axel pinch clamps as per the service manual. Also check your triple clamps and reset as per the service manual. That's all I can think of.

ToddC

It's normal to experience more wear on the left side of tires. It's due to crowned roads and left hand turns typically are longer (in the USA) and have a larger radius.

Roads here are either angled right or left, or humped in the middle (along the center line) for water drainage.
Older roads have distinctive humps in the middle of each lane. I always drive on the left side of my lane and have never experienced any un-symmetrical wear on the right side of any of my tires.
If the wear is sever, I'm suspecting a clamp up problem, or wheel bearing problem.

Back
Top Bottom