upgrade this light bulb to an LED light?

I think this is what you want:

我想这就是你想要的:

[/引用]
吨thank you so much bro,I appreciate it:)

Yep, 194 is the USA spec position LED. When I changed to Evitek LED bulbs in my ST1300 the contrast of the LEDs to the incandescent position bulbs was instantly apparent. White against yellow. Changing the position lights to 194s completed the look.

I couldn't quickly find pictures of my ST1300 contrasting LED headlights to stock halogen bulbs but here is a picture of my Goldwing with a Sylvania Ultra on one side and an Auxito 6500K LED on the other.

L LED  R Halogen.jpg

Last edited:
You should match dimensions and color temperatures when selecting bulbs. Some of the LED replacements for automotive lamps are larger in diameter or longer than the incandescent lamp and might not fit - some are either too long or will not fit through the hole into the reflector.

Color Temp: Incandescent lamps and LED's have a color temperature in ºKelvin. Incandescent's are around 2700ºK, Halogen a bit higher, and LED's range all the way up to 5000 or 6000º. Evitek's offereings are in the 5 to 6000 range, iirc. These numbers are approximate - all you really need to care about is that your lamps have the same approximate color temp when you buy them.

I went with this style. The width is identical to the OEM bulb and the length doesn't matter. It has a glass "dome" that mimics the OEM bulb which I liked. It also matched the headlight LED's and the switchback LED's I put in the direction signals with the clear lenses. YMMV.

edit: link says RED, but it should be the white. Also buy more than 2 "just in case"

1679324567046.png

1679325163752.png

1679336875427.png

I posted a similar pic at that point. I remember when the advent of halogen bulbs made then factory incandescent bulbs look a dim yellow brown in comparison. Now it happens with LEDs replacing halogens. It's too bad that so many third-party bulbs are 6000K and higher.

You'll also find that 194 LED bulbs are known as the "T10" (as in Obo's post) and the "W5W". You can get them in a warm white (about 3000-4000K) if you want them to be a closer match to a halogen bulb. Dirt cheap on the likes of AliExpress, or fairly spendy if you buy Philips, etc.

Back
Top Bottom