NEWS Upgrading the site this weekend

Just had a similar incident, attached a pic and couldn't get the cursor below it anymore, for posting the next one...
Posted the comment, went into edit, and all worked as supposed again... weird...

BTW are you still, or already up? ;)

Just had a similar incident, attached a pic and couldn't get the cursor below it anymore, for posting the next one...
Posted the comment, went into edit, and all worked as supposed again... weird...

BTW are you still, or already up? ;)
I'll search the support sites to see if there's a fix. The dogs get me up by 4am whether I like it or not lol.

Clicking Replies gives me the quoted text not only much faster but on the first click. In the past it took me two clicks on Reply to get a response in the window. This has gone on for years for me with a short break a couple of years back. My slow throughput is likely the reason for most of it. But for now it quick and with only one click.

PC, Phone, Tablet?
Maybe this has been fixed but I can edit the Reply box at will as desired on my ancient Mac. I went in and edited and got out of the box without issue. This behavior was an issue at another site for years and changed only recently.

In prev version the switch for bold and Italian acted up
Mellow has something against Italians?!

There's also a huge blank area in the format menu bar. That may be because options have moved to the 3 • More icons.

changing not only the word you'd double-clicked, but also like the entire second half of your message/text.
That happened to me but only when I clicked Return/enter. Most of the time clicking the other of the two brought the text back. Sometimes I had to retype it. I didn't notice if the Italians had anything to do with it.

I think the text is 6% smaller. Is it my eyes?

Latop external screen run old old old Win7. Really after not looking at the screen for a week my first impression was am I on 90%.

Last edited:
Moving the cursor to the end of the quoted text and hitting enter has worked for me.
Indeed! Good catch... I'd already tried [shift]+[enter] but no avail... I'd presumed that [enter] equals [post reply]...

And on Monday I'll have to "reprogram" myself for our office software, where the hot-key combinations are completely different again... ;)

Indeed! Good catch... I'd already tried [shift]+[enter] but no avail... I'd presumed that [enter] equals [post reply]...
Agreed. It does seem like it would be the wrong action but I tried it after everything else failed and it worked.

Thanks much, Mellow
Best site to be found

What @sTaylor said.

I think I mentioned this in a PM to you, Joe, but in a future update would it be possible to enable/add the usual complement of emojis that nearly every texting app on a computer or smartphone supports?

I like the custom ST and motorcycle smilies/emojis, but there are some sentiments that I can't quite express with the subset of the universal ones. Below are what get from Google Messages and Signal respectively.

Possible? Thanks, Joe!

1717288252243.png 1717288273365.png

Back
Top Bottom