vacuum canister

Bike
2004 ST1300
STOC #
JC Whitney just notified me that the vacuum canister I ordered from them is now enroute. I believe this canister has a check valve already built in. Does this mean that I don't have to worry about attaching one closer to the MAP sensor (I think I've read in other posts that you should mount the valve close to this sensor)?

Last edited:
You won't *have* to add an extra valve. The reason people added them is because they made their own canister. I guess you *could* add a 2nd one but I don't think you'd need it.

I received the vacuum canister today and am wondering if I have the right one? The JC Whitney catalog shows two vacuum canisters, one is model #810346 and the other is #810381. Both are listed for 4 cylinder enginesI received the latter. It is about 3 inches long, 2 1/4 inches wide and has three outlets on one end.

One outlet is plugged, the other two are open and are labled 'man' and 'amp'. I'll be honest in that I don't know if it has a check valve, or even what one would look like if I saw one on the canister.

Can anyone tell me if this application will work for the audiovox cc installation?

Sounds like the one I used. The 'man' has the check valve and goes towards the 'manifold' the other end goes towards the 'amplifier' or servo in the case of the cruise. I did not use any other check valve other than the one in the canister and my cruise works fine.

]Monty[

Top Bottom