varying pad wear

...... i seemed to remember reading that it was possible to take the front left caliper off the mounting bracket without unbolting the hoses. But couldn't remember how to do it.
I seem to think that it was Larry but can't remember.
If it was someone else I would be curious to know if this is possible and how without over-stressing the brakes hoses.

Last edited:
My brain hurts trying to imagineer this.
Zackley. None of that made any sense to me. It seemed to me that he was laboring under misconceptions. Nobody's tried to champion his cause so his statements may never benefit of edification.

Funny you should mention that. I was replying to someone the other day, about the front left caliper and I stopped what I was about to write because i seemed to remember reading that it was possible to take the front left caliper off the mounting bracket without unbolting the hoses. But couldn't remember how to do it.
Must have been this post I was remembering John. Poster states that he got the information from Larry.
In this related thread it appears that this may have been accomplished. When I get my bike out of winter hibernation I will have to have another closer look.

Now I thought there was an old thread on this way back and we decided this was normal due to the LBS actuation.

I'm going to go out on a limb and use big words I don't understand.....Rake, Trail, Caster..... You cannot change the rake of the bike, but is it possible lowering the fork assembly will increase the trail, thus altering the caster which does affect steering. wait, I was thinking out loud, just realized we are talking about brake wear......

Back
Top Bottom