Ventz

Firstpeke

NT1100D
Bike
Honda NT1100
STOC #
A guy on DeauvilleUK.org just posted that he won a pair of these in a competition, thought you folks might like to see the website for an unusual but what looks like, effective product....

http://www.ventz-range.com/

Firstgear has (had?) vents like that built into its Scout line of jackets. They were made of leather and had a zipper and snap arrangement that held the vent open or closed. I used mine a lot in the summers and found them very effective.

The clip-on design is a good idea, bit I'd be concerned about what they'd do on impact.

--Mark

I take it you didn't read the FAQ section then.......

I don't know about the injury part but I ordered a pair to try. I have used my LD comfort shirt wet under my KLIM jacket and it cools and vents well but the sleeves did not pass much air so these may help. I don't think there is that much of a risk. Once I get them and see what they feel like I will know for sure.

I take it you didn't read the FAQ section then.......

I did, and the only thing I found relevant was this:

Could they shatter in an accident?
Ventz are made from shatter proof materials and the inside is synthetic rubber, making them both safe and comfortable.​

...which still doesn't give me a warm fuzzy about how safe they are. The vent structure is still plastic. Shatter-proof is good, but any energy you put into it has to go somewhere.

One thing I noticed in the pictures is that they all have the vent structure positioned over an area of the glove that looks armored. I don't think it's realistic to expect that it would stay there all the time.

I don't know about the injury part but I ordered a pair to try.

I'll be interested in what you find safety-wise.

--Mark

I would love to try 'em on my next summer ride.. Anything that helps me stay in my riding jacket is a good thing. One slight draw back is that they would seem to loose some effectiveness behind a fairing

I just ordered a set. I'm always trying to get air up my sleeves and this looks like a good enough idea to try!

I ordered a pair to try

I glanced at the ad but since the manufactures is in Oz I didn't read it. Where did you order them from? I guess that they could be pretty effective. Thinking back to the days when I didn't where any motorcycle oriented gear I remember various jackets blowing up and me looking like the Sta-Puf marshmallow man. As for being behind the shield with risers my hands are pretty much in the jet stream. My only concern is getting a bee or yellow jacket up my sleeve. Is there a mesh behind that grille?

Yes there is a mesh in the grill I orderedmine from the UK. Will see how they are I will let you know once I get them.

Here's the OP form the DeauvilleUK forum:

Quote/
For some years now, I get my newspaper (Herald - formerly Glasgow herald) online.
last Satuday, I was glancing throgh it and noticed a competion for a set of the above.
These fit in your sleeve and let air up one the arms to cool you on hot days.
1 st so many correct answers get a free set.
as the contact was only a mouse click away, i submitted
I got a set in the post today,
will let you all know if any good
SMcG in (not very hot) Glasgow
/Quote

well mine have been shipped not sure when I will see them I have a trip planned next week it would be nice if I got them before that but we will see its a good idea. I never liked the idea of riding with the sleeves loose as if there is a get off there goes your protection from road rash this would seem to eliminate that issue. I will let you know how they work out.

I just ordered a pair in white. Looking forward to sharing some pictures & usage details! (I must concede - the weather so far has been fantastic, not really warranting any cooling solution so far this summer)

Regards,
Vishnu

At first glance, they look like a prettyy good idea and product, and WOULD help cooling. Yea - They definitely would puff up the jacket, but could be "adjusted" or "choked down" with favorite tape. Worth a try.

My daily jacket is mesh so I'm guessing these wouldn't do anything. But interested nonetheless.

Top Bottom