VFR800 what do you guys think about them

I actually just had a demo ride on a brand-new VFR last Thursday. Nice ride. Ergos were not for me and, since its setup seemed sport-tourer-ish, my only criticism would be it's not that well-suited for long-distance riding with stock seat and handlebars. It would need risers at a minimum.

I demo'd a CBR600F4i last summer and still can't get it out of my head. If I want a sporty, that or the new RR would be at the top of my list. You owe it to yourself to test ride one of those puppies if you're looking for a second bike on which to do the twisties.

I demo'd a CBR600F4i last summer and still can't get it out of my head. If I want a sporty, that or the new RR would be at the top of my list. You owe it to yourself to test ride one of those puppies if you're looking for a second bike on which to do the twisties.

My problem is I have to ride 90 miles just to get to the edge of the twisties. that's 180 miles per ride that I don't need to be in a racers crouch. :)

I owned both a VFR and ST for a while. For 70% of the riding that I do the VFR was great. I had the VFR first and added the ST for the 30% of riding that I do where I cover several hundreds of miles a day for several days.

Prior to the ST I would do those high mileage days on the VFR and it was acceptable. After owning the ST I wondered how I did them on the VFR. I also found that I liked the storage of the ST more and more and rode the VFR less and less.

I eventually sold the VFR and got the new Tiger 1050. Now that is a bike! I can ride it harder and more confidently that I could the VFR and the comfort is even greater for me on the Tiger than I got on my ST. The Tiger is so much lighter too.

My VFR was a '98 non-VTEC. My buddy has the '03 VTEC. I liked the idea of non-VTEC better and gear driven cames. However, after riding my buddy's for the past couple of years, it is a smoother bike and VTEC really is not a problem unless you are riding like you are on the track.

need a bit more info on the ergo's of the VFR, I am a 6' 4" tall, and am wondering how a vfr would fit me. not having any luck finding a demo ride around here, sitting on one in a showroom just doesn't cut it.

my dealer has a 06' vfr for 7200 still in the crate, only thing is, i would have to sell my :04biker: to do it, and not sure if thats what I need to be doing. I enjoy the ST a lot, but, I am looking for a bit sportier ride that still has some comfort factor....

need a bit more info on the ergo's of the VFR, I am a 6' 4" tall, and am wondering how a vfr would fit me. not having any luck finding a demo ride around here, sitting on one in a showroom just doesn't cut it.

my dealer has a 06' vfr for 7200 still in the crate, only thing is, i would have to sell my :04biker: to do it, and not sure if thats what I need to be doing. I enjoy the ST a lot, but, I am looking for a bit sportier ride that still has some comfort factor....

I am 6'3" and tall in the torso and it just won't cut it for me. A large part of that is the age of my back though... lot's of guys on the VFRD board are tall but I bet that they are young too.

Back
Top Bottom