Video riding my 1993 ST1100, view from the rider's seat

Bike
Royal Enfield INT650
Hi All,

Thought and hope you'd enjoy this video I took from the rider's 'seat', using a 360 camera that allows you to determine the frame in post process as you can view at any direction you want, since the camera records a video at each direction in 360 degrees. The videos starts just before the Chicago Skyway south toward Michigan. The video is about 3 minutes, with good soundtrack (I think), so make sure to turn the volume up.
Hope you enjoy, and let me know what you think.
Thanks,

Last edited:
OP
OP
karuzo
Bike
Royal Enfield INT650
That was very enjoyable. Very good music. Loved the ride through the smaller tree lines roads. Nice work.
Thank you very much! This helps giving me a direction. With summer coming, trees blooming, scenery will be more interesting. Been testing different styles.

OP
OP
karuzo
Bike
Royal Enfield INT650
Very cool! Where is the camera? What is it attached to? How does it stay level?
Thanks. I installed a mount on the clutch box. Camera is a 360 panoramic type, and has built in ability to keep the view leveled.

OP
OP
karuzo
Bike
Royal Enfield INT650
Yeah you are braver than I am. I would never go on the Skyway or ride in the city. :oops:

:gld11:
Got to be honest, I'm either stupid or think I can do things like that. Btw -I see you have the same year bike. I'm up in Evanston -let me know if you're up for a meeting somewhere, would like just to observe another similar bike to mine. Though, I rode yesterday to Fox Lake, and I swear a guy on a newer ST passed me.

Doron

PmodelinUS

Site Supporter
Bike
1993 Honda ST1100
2024 Miles
Got to be honest, I'm either stupid or think I can do things like that. Btw -I see you have the same year bike. I'm up in Evanston -let me know if you're up for a meeting somewhere, would like just to observe another similar bike to mine. Though, I rode yesterday to Fox Lake, and I swear a guy on a newer ST passed me.

Doron

With the age of our bikes it's not hard to be passed by a newer ST. :rofl1:

Hondafarian

Site Supporter
Bike
2007 ST1300 ABS
Nice job, really enjoyed it. Reminded me of the opening sequence to the "Sopranos". Does the 360 cam really eat up the SD cards? How long can you run on one card?

OP
OP
karuzo
Bike
Royal Enfield INT650
Nice job, really enjoyed it. Reminded me of the opening sequence to the "Sopranos". Does the 360 cam really eat up the SD cards? How long can you run on one card?
Thank you. I don’t recall the size I have, but there is room for about 9 hours of video. What kills you is the battery that lasts a bit longer than an hour, which is why I have a usb charger on the bike.

Top Bottom