VSS pulse dividers

fiziks

I brake things.
Bike
2003 ST1300A
I know Rostra now has a some smaller dedicated dividers (the /2 and /4 models seem to be what most of you guys are using), but I can't seem to find them cheaper than the taxicab or other dividers.

You can order the Centrodyne divider http://store.centrodyne.com/Z063-Speed-Signal-Divider-P72.aspx directly from Centrodyne for $33 plus shipping (~$9+ to my door for a total of less than $43)

TaxicabDepot has both the Centrodyne divider and the Master Pulse Divider http://www.taxidepot.com/servlet/the-112/Master-Pulse-Divider-v1.0/Detail for $38 plus shipping (~$6+ to my door for just over $44 total)

The cheapest I've found the Rostra ( the X2) is $39.95 + $14.95 shipping which is pretty close to the cheapest I found on ebay, which was $45 + $10 shipping (right around $55 to my door).

I did find one place on ebay with the Rostra X4 for $29.95 and free shipping.

So, where have you guys been finding the Rostra VSS X2 adapter? (I did find a divide by 3 adapter)

I'd prefer the divide by 2 adapter or one of the jumper/dip switch adjustable ones as IIRC some have reported that the CC doesn't always maintain speed with the divide by four.

(Side note: Shouldn't it be "/4" and "/2" instead of "X4" and "X2"? It is a divider, not a multiplier.)

I haven't looked at it that close but wasn't the /2 not enough of a reduction in the pulses. I thought you needed to go with a /3 or /4. I could be wrong on that but I thought most were going with a bigger division.

I think most of the guys using the Centrodyne set it for divide by 2. The 38600 the Rostra and Ultracruise II will accept is close enough to 40,000 that I doubt it matters. After all, the CC is only monitoring it in an effort to maintain the pulse rate.

Rostra does make a VSS/3 unit as well and it is about $15 - $20 more expensive then the VSS/4 unit when I have found it.

VSS/4 is part 250-4379
VSS/3 is part 250-4369

Top Bottom