Way out West June Trip...

Thanks. We're going to try. This will probably be the last post before we head out.

Later...

You may have already headed out this way but if not. Send me a PM with your info and I would be happy to show you around the Willamette Valley. I read you were staying in Eugene and I would like nothing more then hooking up and showing you some of my favorite roads.

Cameron

BygDawg and I made it to Gilbert, AZ. A 750 mile day and an 800 mile day. We are a bit tired! Will post with photos in the AM after we get some rest.

JD

Cool.. sounds like the beginning of a great adventure.

Some great days of riding so far, even saw some Elk on 87 yesterday. Great ride up Mount Lemon near Tucson today. We are taking good notes. When we stop riding for a few mintes we'll post more.

JD

I met JD and Bygdawg (that really is how his Jay's name sounds with his accent! :) ) for breakfast and then they made a run down to Tucson for a Mount Lemon run. I took too few pictures!

JD getting some shuteye and the bikes at breakfast on Saturday.
(I'll have to get a better picture of JD's raccoon eyes and repost).

Mark

Attachments

• IMG_1554 (Large).JPG
    IMG_1554 (Large).JPG
    88.6 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_1555 (Large).JPG
    IMG_1555 (Large).JPG
    143.4 KB · Views: 25

Attachments

• HPIM1358 (Medium).jpg
    HPIM1358 (Medium).jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 31
  • HPIM1362 (Medium).jpg
    HPIM1362 (Medium).jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 26
  • HPIM1384 (Medium).jpg
    HPIM1384 (Medium).jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
Awesome pics guys.

I enjoyed meeting, riding & of course, Eating with ya.

Have a great rest of the Way out West adventure.

Ride Safe

Today's pictures include shots from 89A and Jerome, AZ, as well as everywhere else we went to along the route. I got some great shots in Sedona, and we had a blast riding over 400 miles before we head for CA tomorrow. Man am I glad we rested before the big trip to CA tomorrow. :crackup Oh well...Who needs rest when you can ride instead? :hotpepper

The Link:
http://pics.midsouthspyders.com/lis...r\Motorcycle\Way_Out_West_2007_Part_5_Arizona

Oh well...Who needs rest when you can ride instead? :hotpepper

Rest? We don't need no stinking rest!!! Besides what are you thinking of... we just loafed along all day today... you both *should* be completely rested!

Mark

Chris mentioned that she thought the ride was excellent today.
How is Allen doing; I would not have enjoyed that ride on a sport bike... Of course that is why we have STs!!!! :D

Great time today... thanks.

Mark
P.S.
I'll post some pictures tomorrow.

I was just looking at your route and have a question. After you leave the Mount Hood area in Oregon you <might> want to head a little west after you cross the Columbia river and ride up nf25 in lieu of nf23. Awesome road AND you can hit the ride up to Windy Ridge near Mt. St. Helens. I'm not eben sure if nf23 is paved all the way?? Anyone else out there know??

Also, the Stevens Canyon road up to Moutn Rainier is closed. Lot's of flood damage last November. If you really want to head up to Paradise you'll have to head west on 12 to Morton and approach Paradise from the west. another good reason to take nf25 and visit St Helens.

One more tip that I got from another STOC member about an upcoming ride. After you leave waypoint 54 by Flathead Lake in Montana, head a bit SW on 28, then take the 135 to I90. Adds a few miles but they are supposed to be far better than the 93 south.

Back
Top Bottom