Wedhumpnesday May 8th.

Bike
VStrom 650
I think Keith'ster is lurking somewhere. He might beat me. But the French Roast is ready and the Apple Strudel will be along presently served with Greek Yoghurt if you like. I do like.
The weather, hmmmm, it might be OK. 43 to 66 they say with the chance of a shower. If we get it that'll be the warmest weather in 8 months. Pffffffftttttt. Could be a bike day!
:run1:
Ethel, what do you think......hmmmmm......pffffffftttttt......you never can tell can ya.
Gardening filled yesterday afternoon and it will in the coming days I'm sure, if it stays dry of course.
Whatever mischief y'all get up to, be careful and don't get caught.
Av a gud un and remember, weeds never stop.
Upt.

Schhhhhh, I think he went back to bed.
medical-insomnia-insomniacs-sleep_issues-insomnia_clinic-doctors-CS577507_low.jpg

Good morning everyone

I think Keith'ster is lurking somewhere.
Schhhhhh, I think he went back to bed.

Thanks for the French roast Ray. You're exactly correct: I had a small burst of mind-hamster activity before 0300 hours my time but fought it off successfully. An extra blanket helped- I was just at the edge of being not quite warm enough to sleep well.

It's 67°F in Rockville and slated to get to around 87 by late afternoon. We could, maybe, might perhaps get a brief light shower between 9 and 10 this morning but that shouldn't affect my plan to play golf in the heat of the day. After that, it's off to a friendly neighbor's place to join a few other like-minded individuals in sampling a variety of single malt scotches.

Stay safe and well everyone and tell your dear ones you love them.

Morning all and thanks for the coffee Ray. The Greek yogurt doesn't match @peterz's Greek fest from yesterday though. Sorry.

It was a cool but sunny 3C for the ride to work this morning and should be around 15 for the ride home. It may, however, be wet. Time will tell won't it. Make that time will show. That seems more appropriate.

Before I forget, today's random sentence from the generator: The elephant didn't want to talk about the person in the room.

Hope you all have a great day and remember that obviously elephants don't gossip even though they never forget.

Obo.

Last edited:
Good morning, and thanks for the coffee start, Ray.

53, going to 65 here in MA, with rain predicted for later.

Yesterday was beautiful, but I never got out to ride.
Instead, I worked a bit at my friend's restaurant and did the gym thing.
I removed the belt from the mower deck, in case it needed to be picked up. As it turns out, the lawnmower guy is busy, so it'll be a few weeks until he can get to it. I'll mow by hand, and call that my cardio exercise.

Yesterday was also first Tuesday, and we had a good meeting with the old crew.

Today, I'll hit the gym, and visit with the audiologist.
Tonight is town meeting, so I'll probably go there. There's a large agenda, so I'll most likely be there late.

Enjoy your day,
Steve

Good Morning All!
Thanks for the wakey, Ray. A fine brew from you will do!

Mr Sun is poking his head out and it looks like a fine day.
The hyperbole channel maintains a warning - harumph, we'll just see what happens.

It is still a bit muddy around the farm so Mr Tractor might have to take another break.
Yes, more rainshine is forecast for tomorrow so delay, delay, delay...
I dunno, maybe I'll spray the poison ivy crop or do a bit of late grass overseeding.

1715167450641.png

Good morning, coffee club!
Time will tell won't it. Make that time will show.
Ah yes, time will reveal all. In time. None of us know when we'll leave "this mortal coil", but time will make it clear... As long as there are motorcycles, and places to ride, we all will just keep on keeping on! But first, more coffee.

Good morning all, and thanks for the strudel and yogurt/yoghurt/yogourt/yaourt (or whatever one wishes to call it) Ray!

After two days of absolutely gorgeous weather, today's is decidedly meh. Grey, dismal, soggy and a lot cooler. Well, spring was nice while it lasted. We're already just about at the day's high of 11°C/52°F with a wind that is making it feel a few degrees colder. And it's raining. Did I say "meh?" I meant "pffffttt."

Gotta go - need to deliver a document by 9, as that's when the city will be conducting "emergency siren tests" for 15 minutes. Oh, joy. Pffffttt.

Everyone have a great day, stay safe and go safely. And try not to jump off your chair and go into cardiac arrest when the sirens go off.

Patty

Good morning all!
Thanks for the start Ray!
Yesterday took an interesting turn, I was cruising through the marketplace adds & bought a J D
“0” turn. It turned out the picture was wrong, but the mower was in decent condition, so I’ll take it to the cottage Friday & find out how good it really is.
I owned the same model when I lived on the island so there shouldn’t be too many surprises!
Another great day here in Woodstock, the one scrap metal pile was picked up yesterday, and the bin was removed as well, so when I get back home from the cottage, I’ll remove the wood scattered about the back yard & tidy up so it will resemble most peoples yard!
Currently 59F with a high of 70 and a westerly that will remove your fedora!
Enjoy your humday!
WB

Hey, I'm a big fan and I dig it.

"comes with air ride comfort suspension...."

I want one!
It may need a bigger fan in the rear to keep the hoe above the waterline!!
WB

Thanks for the coffee, Ray.

I'm caught up on my sleep again, at least until my next all- nighter. This stay-up-for-2-days used to be a whole lot easier when I was in my 20s. Was I ever 20-something years old? I may have been, but not much I remember about it.

The showers forecast the last 2 days never appeared, so I lost 2 days riding. Supposedly, strong t-storms overnight with hail and damaging winds, we shall see.

Since I'm all slept up, I'll get on with heading to work. I could even be a little early today.

We shall see.

EDIT: I typed this an hour ago, was looking through my email for a clever quote to append, and saw an update from the Honda Bkackbird forum, and immediately lost 45 minutes.

I still wish (meaning I probably won't ever) I could find a lightly-used XX at a reasonable price, and add it to the stable. It is likely the sweetest, best-behaved tire burner I ever owned, and never needed more power or speed, both were always in overabundant supply. (But the KTM 950 was a character too.) And I already know (now) about bleeding LBS and replacing SMCs.

But the asking price for most are 3 to 4 times what I think is realistic for a 20yr old bike. So smooth! So comfortable! Sooooo stinking QUICK!!! Except for the engine layout, there are many characteristics similar to the 1300.

So, anyway... let's not forget to use the Post Reply button here this time.

Last edited:
Morning all! 7C and clear, 16C and sun to come.

No mind hamsters last night for which I'm grateful. Even the dogs behaved and slept through.

I'll be taking the car to work again as the bike was in the shop having some electrical gremlins chased down and I wasn't able to get there before closing time yesterday to pick it up. And it's not looking good for today unless a meeting or two get canceled.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Morning Ray & All from clear skies over Southern Utah!

Currently @ 6:45AM, it is 33F, up from 27F, and heading for 53F. A breeze has already kicked up, and later we should see the winds from the N @ 15 to 24mph.

I got up @ 5:30AM to open the side gate for a delivery from Home Depot, for two pallets of landscaping block. At this moment, it's saying I'm 4 stops away from getting my order. And he just called and said he was about an hour away.

Yesterday I finished up on the 2004. It's all back together now.

20240507_FARKLE-ed.jpg

And the lift is open, ready for the ST1100.

No food yet, Chris is still asleep, but you can bet there will be a Pepsi in my future! ;)

Anyone :bl13:, have a great day on the roads! :hat3:

good morning all. thanks for the coffee Ray. 56F on the dog walk with a cloud or two and some stars to keep me company. I have gym today so I'll check out the weather and see if its a good day to take the ST out for a run. the high should be 88F. enjoy the day

stay safe.

Back
Top Bottom