what camper to buy??

Bike
06 ST
I am looking for a camper, and I would like some advise on which ones pull well with the ST, and which ones are worth the money.
thanks.

I have a 1987 Travlite camper that I pull with the ST1300. I pulled it from TN to NY this summer and it did great. They don't make them anymore, but you can come by used ones occasionally.

Almost any of the main line mc campers will pull ok with the ST. Getting a real good hitch is important. Bunkhouse, Aspen, LeasureLite, Kompact Kamp are a few of the more well known and have smaller versions that tow well behind the ST. You can pull a heavier camper but I prefer as light as possible. I pull a Kompact Kamp Mini-Mate (265lbs empty weight). These are harder to find than some of the others since most owners who have searched for a time really like them and keep them. A comparative few decide to trade up to a bigger camper like the Bunkhouse or Aspen, especially if it's two up camping. I camp solo so my Mini-Mate is more than enough for just me. These photos are from MN-STOC this year. I have an additional 12' square camping tarp I put up (extra cords and stakes) for an extended dry space in front of my camper. Had the tarp before the camper so just continue to use it.

100_3967.jpg 100_3959.jpg

Last edited:
I have the Aspen Sentry that I pull behind my 1100 and does a GREAT job. As far as the camper, I have pulled it many, many miles in the past couple of years and it has stood up the test. I have camped in strong winds and driving rains with no problems. I do have brakes on mine and have a brake controller mounted on my dash. I think the brakes make a world of difference. I had to dial them in but once that was done, a real difference in stopping.
I do agree about the hitch. I have a Uni-go on my 1100 and it is VERY sturdy. It doesn't wiggle at all.
This is not the first camper that I have pulled. Years ago my wife and I both pulled trailers with our Gold Wings, me a camper and her a cargo. We went all over the US with our 2 boys. In all the campers that I've had, I have to say that this is the best one so far.
Hope this helps you and if you have any more questions, I would be glad to help you out.

Attachments

• Mt scott.jpg
    Mt scott.jpg
    322.3 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_4116.jpg
    IMG_4116.jpg
    422.3 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_0785.jpg
    IMG_0785.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_0803.jpg
    IMG_0803.jpg