What CB radio antenna to buy?

Bike
BMW GS
I'm going to install a CB radio on my bike and need some advice as to which antenna to install with it. Some of you guys have the "no ground" type antennas and they seem to be the thing to have.

Is there a particular make and model that is best?

Opinions? Ideas?

Thanks!

Eric

I have a firestick ngp on mine and it seems to work fine for my needs, but there are much more knowledgeable people here as far as radio goes that will give you the straight scoop on what is best. Danny

Dammit man. Ask me!

Firestick NGP.

Curt

Easy boy! I 'll only ask you valve questions....

It's already your fault that I blew cash on the Mix-It2, didn't wanna blame the antenna on you as well.
Based on what DannyK and you both say, that'll probably be the one then.
Where's teh best place to get them? I've checked a couple of truckstops as I travel for work, but haven't seen them yet.

Based on what DannyK and you both say, that'll probably be the one then.
Where's teh best place to get them? I've checked a couple of truckstops as I travel for work, but haven't seen them yet.

I bought mine from Mellow so I'm not sure of the best place but someone will know. Over and out good buddy.

Curt

My link was identical to the second link you posted. I'll hit a few truck stops over teh next couple of days as I travel and see if I can find one. If not, I'll just order it from someplace.

Thanks all!

Holy Cow - wish these things were just plug 'n' play. Got a headache reading all of that stuff:)

Unfortunately, the laws of physics makes anything below about 100 MHz exponentially more of a pain in the tuchus as you get lower in frequency. CBs operate at 27 MHz and require lots of butt paste to make the antennas work efficiently on a bike.

I'm about to do radios and it's going to be 462 MHz with a nice, little antenna.

--Mark

CB's are a pain. I'm not sure it's worth it a lot of the time.

Curt

Tell me something I don't know....

Just need something to keep me awake on the long trip I have planned for May. Gonna do a lot of interstate - unfortunatly - and I'd rather not get any tickets.

There's a CB store near me that does a lot if internet business.

http://www.walcottcb.com/

I bought a Wilson NGP and it was difficult to tune, but did ok until the cable abraded. Now I have a 3' Firestick and it was easier to tune and seems to work well.

Bill

Just need something to keep me awake on the long trip I have planned for May.

Satellite radio is that thing. 100+ channels of everything you can name with no coverage gaps anywhere in the lower 48 beamed into a nice, little antenna 24x7.

And your presets work everywhere, too...

--Mark

Satellite radio is that thing. 100+ channels of everything you can name with no coverage gaps anywhere in the lower 48 beamed into a nice, little antenna 24x7.

And your presets work everywhere, too...

--Mark

Got that covered - I have Sirius in my car and have teh stuff to hook up to the Mix-It2 when I get that next weeks. Also gonna hook the iPod to it as well.

Back
Top Bottom