What did you do to / ride to with your Beemer today?

I found that the Road 6's are a bit slippery in the corners under hard braking and acceleration,
I also noticed a couple times in dry weather that I had just a slight slip like it was a painted surface. It was very slight and usually when turning, out of a gas station or on an intersection. It's only happened twice. I wonder if they gave up some grip to get better mileage. As long as I know what to look for I'm ok with it if it provides a good increase in mileage. At 3200 miles they seem to be barely wearing but you really can't tell until you hit the 5k mark.

Actually Saturday. Put wheels back on after tire change. Road 6’s. New brake pads on rear. Had about a mm left. Cleaned up all calipers. Final drive oil change. Short ride to make sure everything working. Too sore from crawling around the garage floor to go any further. Supposed to snow tonight into morning. Will be 80 by end of the week. Maybe actually get to ride her moving forward.

2002 F650GS, pulled the front end looking for wear, none to be found. Repack stem bearings, new fork seals, change from 50/50 to 80/20 sneakers. rode out to a local neighborhood to make sure all is well, came back through the fields. Woohoo! This is going to be great!

Last month I met up with a few other Beemers in North Carolina

2022_04_1028.jpg

1652201822047.png
Took a favorite ride along backroads of CA126 to Santa Paula, CA150 to Ojai, CA33 to Hudson Ranch Rd through a national wildlife refuge to Frasier Park to The Old Road/Ridge Route, through Pine Canyon, Elizabeth Lake Road, to Bouquet Canyon to home. Love the Police Taxi. "Choose your ride." :rofl1:

I found a super-clean low-mileage 2008 GS up in Sonoma (like the ST, another guy who aged out of riding) and rode it back to Berkeley. I think I'm going to like this bike.

BMW.jpg

Last edited:
I decided to take the 92 K100RS (AKA, Ultrasonic vibration machine on wheels) out of a two-year hibernation today and get it roadworthy once again. Took it off of the battery tender, drained the old fuel, added new fuel, changed the oil, and started right up.

E0B5C281-5716-4BD1-9136-4B6B9ABDA4EC.JPG394618BA-128C-4BB9-938E-5066C2A76A77.JPG

Well after FerrySTOC, I was overdue for oil change. Did that and reset service interval. Took her for a quick 40ish mile hop before dinner. Hoping to take her to work tomorrow.

Just got back from Campstoc 2022. Yesterday morning I rode a brisk 80 mile loop of 600 series roads north of Willville. Back at camp I packed my stuff and headed for home after lunch. Leaving Meadows of Dan I took 600 series roads down to 52 then on into Winston Salem. Between the morning loop and the ride to Winston Salem the mpg was 50. This bike continues to amaze me.

I gave the mare the second stage of her steroid injection. She liked it. I'll take her for a ride tomorrow morning and verify net gain.

IMG_1774.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom