What do u do for work?

Retired Police Officer after just over 30 years service. 23 years with the traffic department and the last 9 years were on patrol bikes.

Now I am just a Director of a National Advanced Rider Training Company and am working towards my second retirement LOL

Mick

General building contractor for 27 yrs. Residential homes and remodels. I work mostly by myself, no employees.:04biker:

What district Dennis??

Putt..

dbst1300 said:
What I want, when I want, for as long as I want.................retired after 28 years as an Illinois State Trooper.

Dennis

I?m in Information Services as a Fight Instructor, that is full time student part instructor?.I have a quest to learn and a passion to teach. I operate a small school which specializes in lethal skills and techniques for cops, military and civilians. It allows me to avoid work and have fun living on the edge.

Best Regards....George

I'm a State Trooper. Been on for about 6 years. Always wanted to be a policeman as a kid so I went out and did it...also loved fire and blowing things up so I am also on the bomb squad.

Engineering Technician (CAD drawings, airport desgn and rehab) at a national civil engineering firm. 25 years at a brass mill as a maintenance engineer before it closed . Much cleaner and more relaxed now:).

Short story ... I'm an entrepreneur ... which is likely synonymous with unemployable :rolleyes:

Long version:
Publishing was my 1st business -
Weekly & Monthly ad mags that you likely know well - Auto Trader/Truck Trader/RV Trader/Old Car Trader/Real Estate Trader etc etc
Along with a buddy we started/owned/operated papers in Edmonton, Calgary, Regina, Saskatoon & Portland Oregon - ~125 employees. This was 1978 to 1990.

Somewhat concurrently with the Trader paper business we also owned and operated a web offset printing plant. (1986 - 1990) 3 shifts / 6 days 40 employees.

Bought out 1990 :hotpepper

A Technical Training and Consulting business was my next step. I owned the SW Ontraio franchise rights for Productivity Point International - Tech training solutions for the corp world - 4 offices in SW Ont. 50 employees

Bought out in 1999 :hotpepper

Now its Real Estate - I buy, sell, property manage & develop small properties, mostly residential – I’m a 1-man-band utilizing independent contractors. Fun! - but I think I made more money pinching pennies and browbeating lowly employees - I mean to say - working with valued associates to create a cohesive team of like minded professionals dedicated to meeting the needs of our business partners. ;)

Laid-off back in Sept of 05 after a 24 year run as a AIX UNIX / Windows System Administrator. I supported Aerospace engineering and manufacturing software applications that ran on IBM RS6000 hardware. Primarily Catia V4 and V5 but also supported ANSYS, ICEM, FLUENT, ELFINI, Vericut, Veritas, ICAM, SmarTeam PDM. Other responsibilities included rapid prototyping also know as Stereo-lithography. This is 3D printing of computer models. If you've never seen this, it's very cool indeed. This machine can print out a 3 dimensional model to scale in a few hours time. Check out the link below to see a demo.

http://www.zprinter.com/products/printersdetail.asp?ID=1

Presently planning a long trip across country on my STeed.

Was wondering if there are any Civil Engineers on this board?

My son is studying Civil Engineering at Texas A&M University in College Station. I am curious if those of you who work as Civil engineers like what you do? Has it been rewarding? Stimulating?..Ever had problem finding employment?

Right out of College, he will owe the Air Force a stint, as he is attending A&M on an AF ROTC scholarship (thank you, thank you $$) And is a proud member of the Corps Of Cadets at A&M.

Thanks

I'm a MVS systems programmer on IBM mainframe computers. I work for a glass manufacturing company so we get to make lots of money when misfortune strikes somewhere (hurricanes, earthquakes). Since I live in the great white north, I sometimes envy those who live in the warm climes, that is until a hurricane shows up!

Insurance adjuster- 16 years. Life Long dream of mine.... :rolleyes:

Have done a variety jobs within the department...currently handling litigated files. Only 25 more years to go. :eek:

--Bryan
04ST1300A
STOC# 5197
:04biker:

Director of Tech Support for a software company that produces clinical diagnostic support systems for public health, CDC, Homeland Security, and other agencies that require bioterrorism preparedness, surveillance, and communication systems for the dreaded 'ABC' list of weaponized bioterrorism agents (plague, anthrax, smallpox, tularemia, nerve agents, etc.).

I've done varied things, but all have been related to my education, which is in computer science.

The highlight of my career so far has been being the chief architect and lead developer of a very large network management system deployed at a very large ISP that's been gobbled up by four very large telecom companies in the last nine years. I've also spent some time in charge of software development at a dot com and built part of the network that gets travellers on Air Force One and Two access to the Internet. These days I'm a software and hardware toolmonger and occasional project manager on a small system that does some very neat things with radio waves.

I figure I have maybe another decade or so in this business, after which I'm going to find some other way to keep a roof over my head.

--Mark

Whatever the wife tells me....

I retired from one of the world's largest non-profit organizations (Department of Defense) a couple of years ago, and now, just the thought of having to go to a real job makes me shudder....:06biker:

(gotta update that avatar! know of anyone looking for a 93 abs/tcs?)

Fred D said:
Whatever the wife tells me....

I retired from one of the world's largest non-profit organizations (Department of Defense) a couple of years ago, and now, just the thought of having to go to a real job makes me shudder....:06biker:

(gotta update that avatar! know of anyone looking for a 93 abs/tcs?)

Me, as soon as I sell my 2003 VFR

Back
Top Bottom