What online source are you using for your Honda OEM parts?

OP
OP
jonz
Bike
2009 ST1300
STOC #
I have used Ron Ayers in the past. Now, I mostly use Rocky Mt. MC/ATV. You can see what parts are in stock on the parts fiche and they ship them out that day or the next. I am lucky and live 3 hours from the Payson UT Wearhouse. If I order things in the morning that are in stock, I have them the next day. The ones that take 7-10 days come from the Honda Wearhouse just like any other site or dealer that does not have the part in stock. Partzila and Babbatts prices are most always higher.
I checked Rocky Mountain ATV as I have several KTM/Husky motos and they are my go to for those. RMATV gave me the same 7+day estimate to ship the parts as they were not in stock. Which is the same estimate I got from several other shippers. Another advantage of RMATV is they give you a rebate you can spend on your next order. I live about 6 hours from the Payson warehouse and pass by there several times a year. But occasionally instead of shipping from Payson, they ship from Kentucky. So I thought I'd give Ron Ayers a shot as I haven't ordered from them before, they seem popular here, free shipping, and the prices were good.

Kevcules

Site Supporter
Bike
2008 ST1300
Ron Ayers prices are usually pretty good , but high shipping to Canuk land usually takes them out of the equation for me.
I just priced out 12 small parts and a front fender. Partzilla beat Ron Ayers by $10 and cheaper shipping. Babbitts was $75 more, just on the parts?

OP
OP
jonz
Bike
2009 ST1300
STOC #
Final update: I ordered the parts on 6/8/2023. Ron Ayers gave a delivery estimate of 6/19-6/22. I got the parts today, 6/15/2023. So a week from order until delivered to West Yellowstone. Not blazingly fast but acceptable as to get stuff to West Yellowstone usually takes a day or two longer for mail ordered stuff than when ordered from a more urban area. Parts were nicely packed in heat sealed bubble wrap. I have no hesitation ordering from Ron Ayers again.

Sadlsor

Site Supporter
Bike
2008 ST1300A
STOC #
Ordered a replacement front fender from Partzilla, neither Ayers nor Part-Z had one in stock but the latter was $6 cheaper and this morning's email states it will be here Tuesday next.

STOC #
Ron Ayers is almost always cheaper but I really like that Partzilla shows availability before ordering. On most orders that’s more important to me. Their customer service, in my experience, is excellent.

Kevcules

Site Supporter
Bike
2008 ST1300
Ordered a replacement front fender from Partzilla, neither Ayers nor Part-Z had one in stock but the latter was $6 cheaper and this morning's email states it will be here Tuesday next.
Hope they have one more fender if I decide to order within month.

Kevcules

Site Supporter
Bike
2008 ST1300
PartZilla told me that Honda had THREE (2008-spec) in stock. I don't know where that stock is, so I hope there are lots more than just three.
Thanks for the headsup on checking the stock. I didn't know Ron Ayers didn't do that or maybe it would have shown up before I "checked out" ?
Maybe that's a sign I should repair mine? Nope! Going for a nice shiny red one! :)

Dumb question for you guys - when looking at pricing are you figuring in shipping and sales tax or just parts prices? Ron Ayer’s is the only place I’ve found that isn’t collecting sales tax (at least for me) so they end up being cheaper than these other shops even though the price may look higher initially.

Sadlsor

Site Supporter
Bike
2008 ST1300A
STOC #
As I don't order parts very often, I didn't compare or factor in the taxes or shipping, really.
Shipping from Part-Z was free (over $149) but I paid about $15 in taxes.

Mophead

Site Supporter
Bike
FJR1300
I have used Rocky Mountain several times and they ship quick on tires. Never tried them for anything else.

Kevcules

Site Supporter
Bike
2008 ST1300
Dumb question for you guys - when looking at pricing are you figuring in shipping and sales tax or just parts prices? Ron Ayer’s is the only place I’ve found that isn’t collecting sales tax (at least for me) so they end up being cheaper than these other shops even though the price may look higher initially.
Shipping and any tax implications are always a factor, especially when ordering from another country. I've been lucky when ordering small items, I can ship them to a co worker in the US who comes here every 3-4 months. Shipping from the US to the US is usually free. If any taxes are paid, they are minimal.

I always compare locally as well. If the damage $$ isn't too severe or I need it quickly, I source it locally. I'm always amazed at the huge mark ups though.

Some years ago when my back wasn't as cranky, I had a couple of guys wanting to go to Bar Harbour for a cruise. I decided to order some bike parts before we left and had them shipped to Calais Maine border for free. A company called Kinek 5 mins from the border will hold any box 20 lbs or under for 30 days for a minimal cost. $5 a box I believe. Then, since I stayed there for 2 days, I paid no taxes coming back through the border.

Last edited:
Bike
2001 ST1100
Howdy gang,
It's been a long time since I had to order parts online for my ST1300. For those that didn't see my thread, my garage collapsed onto my ST but surprisingly didn't total it. I found some salvage parts and am repairing some parts as well. I'm going to have to order a new mirror and turn signals. I checked a couple sources - Revzilla: high prices; Service Honda: good prices but high shipping ($30+); Rocky Mountain ATV: good prices, free shipping, but long shipping times (7-10 day estimate before shipping).

Anyone have experience with a company with good prices, quick shipping, and free or low priced shipping?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Jeff Jones (jonz)
I've had pretty good luck with Cycle Parts Nation.

Top Bottom