Wheel touch up paint match anyone '97 Std

I have a 1997 ST1100 ABS with the typical SILVER GREY painted wheels. I want to do some touch up on some of the dings and scratches. Does anyone know of a paint I can use to match or is their anything available from Honda that will work.

Thanks,

George

i would try calling Honda, if they cant tell u a paint code about the only thing is go into a paint shop, one that sells paint for auto body, and ask them they can match it but might not be 100% perfect.

I have a 1997 ST1100 ABS with the typical SILVER GREY painted wheels. I want to do some touch up on some of the dings and scratches. Does anyone know of a paint I can use to match or is their anything available from Honda that will work.

Thanks,

George

Have a look at this thread- https://www.st-owners.com/forums/showthread.php?123216-Painting-ST1100-Wheel. Dupli-Color reference code 1B2 Antique Sage Pearl TY01605 BTY1605 is supposed to be a match according to another member. I linked to their catalogue in post 14.

[quote;1770582]i dont understand how some people still use stick on weights[/quote]

I prefer the stick-on weights providing that they are installed properly. With the Honda OEM style crimp-on weights I find that it is hard to get them off without chipping the paint due to the way they pinch the rim rib. With the stick-on I always remove the weights myself before bringing the wheels in- a simple squirt of WD-40 to soften the adhesive and they peel off easily.

I prefer the stick-on weights providing that they are installed properly. With the Honda OEM style crimp-on weights I find that it is hard to get them off without chipping the paint due to the way they pinch the rim rib. With the stick-on I always remove the weights myself before bringing the wheels in- a simple squirt of WD-40 to soften the adhesive and they peel off easily.

RideOn eliminates the wheel weight issue............and provides flat protection:D;).

Have a look at this thread- https://www.st-owners.com/forums/showthread.php?123216-Painting-ST1100-Wheel. Dupli-Color reference code 1B2 Antique Sage Pearl TY01605 BTY1605 is supposed to be a match according to another member. I linked to their catalogue in post 14.

I ordered an 8oz spray can of the Dupli-Color reference code 1B2 Antique Sage Pearl and it is a perfect match. I tried to spray it on my wheel where it needed it and I did not like the way it came out of the can and ran on the wheel. The paint is very thin. I next sprayed some of the paint into a fluid container of my Paasche 2 air brush and applied it that way. By using the air brush and my compressor set to 35 lbs I can control the spray to a very fine focused mist and apply it that way. It gives me way more control. I don't even need to mask anything off if I do it that way. Tried a few spots so far and it looks perfect.

Thanks to everyone that helped me here.

George

Back
Top Bottom