Who has the best (or loudest) BT headset, Sena or Cardo??

Andrew Shadow

Site Supporter
Bike
2009 ST1300A9
If possible aligning the speakers with the opening of your ears and getting the speaker close to (but not touching!) your ears will make a huge difference in volume and bass in particular.
Speakers centred and as as close to the ear as possible. Best is using the foam covers and having them in contact with the ears.
From the Sena 20S manual;

1627612869359.png

The Sena 20S limits the maximum volume to protect the user from hearing damage. This can be overridden if increased volume is desired.
This can easily be set using the Sena phone app.

1627612285526.png

It would be nice if the volume was speed sensitive... maybe the newer firmware fixes this?
Not speed controlled, but there is an option for automatic volume control based on ambient noise. I have no idea if it works, I have never tried it.
This can be more easily adjusted using the Sena phone app as well.

1627612336915.png

Bike
2003 ST1300
STOC #
Re volume with plugs, a lot of that will depend on the ear plugs you're using.
Same experience here. Beside aligning the speakers, found that using "filtering" type plugs (like musician plugs) instead of plain sound-"blocking" plugs helped. These are soft and comfortable and worked well for me:

Main issue with my dated Cardo unit is the short 7 hr max battery life, which means that on trips I have to revert to earbuds by the end of the day anyway!

Bike
2002 ST1300A
STOC #
short 7 hr max battery life
I think you & I define "short" differently. But I guess it depends on the type of riding.

If I were regularly doing IBA runs for example, I'd probably fit speakers into the grills that mother Honda gave us on the 13's.

paulcb

- - - Tetelestai - - - R.I.P. - 2022/05/26
Rest In Peace
Bike
'97/'01 ST1100 ABSII
STOC #
Same experience here. Beside aligning the speakers, found that using "filtering" type plugs (like musician plugs) instead of plain sound-"blocking" plugs helped. These are soft and comfortable and worked well for me:

Main issue with my dated Cardo unit is the short 7 hr max battery life, which means that on trips I have to revert to earbuds by the end of the day anyway!
You can probably find a replacement battery on eBay or Amazon. I've not seen how the Cardo units come apart, but I've replaced the batteries in my two Sena SMH10s 4 times each. I use them most days, so they only last 1-2 years before they need to be replaced, but they're easy to replace.

Not sure what Cardo you have, but...

Bike
2003 ST1300
STOC #
You can probably find a replacement battery on eBay or Amazon. I've not seen how the Cardo units come apart, but I've replaced the batteries in my two Sena SMH10s 4 times each. I use them most days, so they only last 1-2 years before they need to be replaced, but they're easy to replace.
Mine are old old Scala Riders. Not serviceable. They quickly degraded when new and Scala already replaced the batteries once under warranty. But 7 hr is best they could ever do and then it's down from there. Latest units may be more efficient.

Top Bottom