Wilbers LDC Nivomat

Bike
91 ST1100/06 ST1300
There is some discussion on Wilbur's suspension in the archives. It's a common ST replacement part in Europe, don't know if anyone in the US carries them.

OP
OP
FranckyPan
Yes...but those are "classical" Wilbers.
"Nivomat" are a brand new model (despite it's not an innovation, it was already used in the 80's).
The principle is very interresting, because it's self adjusting to the road/load configuration.
No tools, no electonic, just ride.

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
The principle is very interresting, because it's self adjusting to the road/load configuration.
There are 'load-lever' car shocks that operate on the same concept. Load up the truck with bodies excess weight and as you drive the shocks adjust to support. Dump Remove the excess weight and the shocks again adjust over the road. No wires cables or electronics. Just magic smoke.

fnmag

R.I.P. - 2020
Rest In Peace
Bike
'06 ST1300/Burgmn400
Yes...but those are "classical" Wilbers.
"Nivomat" are a brand new model (despite it's not an innovation, it was already used in the 80's).
No tools, no electonic, just ride.
I had a BMW with a "nivomat" rear shock and it worked a charm.
Were it me, I would be inclined to buy the shock.
Good luck with your rear shock search.

static

Triple Darkside
Site Supporter
STOC #
The Beemer Shop in Scotts Valley, Ca carries Wilbers. Jeff Favorite ( suspension guy there) is an ex ST11 owner.

Bike
2006 ST1300 basic bl
I've purchased two sets of Wilbur shocks from Ted Porter's The Beemer Shop for my BMW R1100S and K1200RS. Love them. Call Ted, talk to him about it.

Bike
'03 ST1300 ABS
Bought it, installed it.... Now need to finish the rest of my winter tune/mod/upgrade/paint/repair thingy.. Can't wait to test it.

Bike
'03 ST1300 ABS
First impression is quite good. Did an 800km stretch of motorway today and the bike feels very comfortable and secure. Seems much more responsive to small movements, good dampening. Maybe next weekend I can test in twisties. Will report once I get some more experience than motorway..

Top Bottom