Will this charger charge my battery?

Hello,

I have this TELWIN battery charger for a long time now and I'm not sure if it's suitable for my ST battery.

It has no adjustments on it, just a simply charger, here is their website along with a picture of it...
http://www.telwin.com/webtelwin/prodotti.nsf/SchedaSinteticaInt?OpenForm&E|807025|

3070.jpg

What I've noticed before when I once charged my jet-ski battery with it was that once you connect it, the meter goes all the way to 12 or 14 area, and then slowly over the next 6 hours or so, it comes towards the 0, and that's when it's full I guess, I really don't know.

I can't find any instruction manual for this on the web, I know I'm not supposed to charge at more then 2AMPS but I don't know at what rate this thing charges or if it has a cut off system or something.

These words are written on the front plate:

230V T 1A
12V~ 6A arith. - min 60A and mine has a 10A fuse instead of the 15A shown.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Reza.

P.S a Battery Tender is on my shopping list for next month or so.

I think that is a CAR battery charger... If it was me, I wouldn't use it on the motorcycle battery... Do you have a Wal*Mart nearby? Check in the 'motorcycle' section... sometimes they have the cheap-o, battery-tender jr. knock-offs... about $10... I have two... work well enough... :D
:cool:
P.S.... Never mind... I see that you DON'T have a Wal*Mart nearby (unless they've expanded to Kuwait!).... I still wouldn't use it on a motorcycle battery... Unless you take it out of the bike and put it in a bomb disposal half-shell before plugging it in... :D

Last edited:
I wouldn't hook that up to the jet ski or bike.

It's normal for the amperage to be high and then taper as the battery charges but this charger will damage that 11.2Ahr ST battery.

The battery tender will charge it at a more appropriate rate and then maintain charge so you do not need to disconnect it like you would with a charger.

Thank you very much gentleman for all your replies, I'll just wait till next month and get myself one of those Battery Tender things.

Thanks again.

Reza.

Back
Top Bottom