Windshield Advise for 93

The windshield on my 93 is 22 inches tall up the middle. It works great for cold days. Looking to get a shorter one. for the hotter days. Also I like to look over the windshield. So far the only ones I have found is the Clear View 4 sizes. The one I think I like is the 16.5 inch. Does any body here have one on there ST and can post a pick of it. Some others I have seen on ebay are from Europe and the postage is pricy. MadStad I do not see any listing for any ST on there site. This other one of the picture with the vents on the side. I guess that is what some of the post are calling pressure relief. Do not know what brand that is.

Attachments

• MyWind93.JPG
    MyWind93.JPG
    215.3 KB · Views: 11
  • LowWind97.jpg
    LowWind97.jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 10
Madstad will make a custom shield for you, I think. You might have to drill the mounting holes, but for my now sold Guzzi, I sketched what I wanted with dimensions and they made it for me. Yes, they make shields for Guzzis, but none of the stock ones were even close to what I wanted.

Madstad sells (or did sell) a kit for the ST1100 that allowed for adjustment of the windshield.
I have Clearviews but mine are all tall XLs.
I may have a short one laying around but I'll have to look.
I was on Clearview website and the small 16.6 inch showed it was not available. But the larger ones were. MadStad does not show a listing for the ST. But maybe if I emailed either of them the could make one If you want to sell the short one. Find it and give me a measurement up the middle and I can see if it is what I want. Thanks..

Find it and give me a measurement up the middle and I can see if it is what I want. Thanks..
IIRC, the Calsci instructions* were to put the bike on level ground, mark or put a brick/rock about 20 -25' in front of the bike on the ground. Sit on the bike in your normal riding position with a ruler/tape measure/yardstick/meter stick in front of you. I taped mine to the old windshield with the bottom of the yardstick even with the bottom of the shield. Look at the brick, reach out with your finger to find the center of your sight line on the measure. Note the dimension. I wanted to look through my shield when it was all the way up so I added 2" to the bottom-to-sight-line number. You would subtract some. Position your shield where you want it when you are doing most of your riding.

Since I tend to 'shields up' at speeds over 50-55, I measured with the stock shield in the full up position. Good luck!

*You can probably find these on their website, but it may take a bit of searching.

The stock windshield is 16", bottom to top in the center of the width. A couple manufacturers have been mentioned, Gustafsson in St. Augustine Florida is another one. They show a stock looking shield (minus the cat eyes) with a height from 14" to 24" in several tints. About $250 and you get to drill your own mounting holes (drill bit supplied)!!! Personally, I see that drilling myself as a major negative. I have a windshield that someone tried to drill and the plastic split/cracked. I live close enough to check for them to drill it at their shop.

National cycle is another maker. They are based in Illinois.

Very affordable : 140 US. Same size as the original. They also have a taller one.
I saw one of these a couple years ago. Looked very much like the original Clearview before Clearview pretty much ditched the 'flip' for some reason. The current, almost straight version of the Clearview doesn't work for me at all. Needs a 'spoiler' to be useable for me.
The National Cycle looked like it would be a good option.

I saw one of these a couple years ago. Looked very much like the original Clearview before Clearview pretty much ditched the 'flip' for some reason. The current, almost straight version of the Clearview doesn't work for me at all. Needs a 'spoiler' to be useable for me.
The National Cycle looked like it would be a good option.
The flip was probably more difficult to manufacture.

When I bought my ST1100, it came with a National Cycle windshield.
The original from Honda is 16.75 inches and my National Cycle was just a bit taller (20 inches).

It had a small crack (1 inch) at the base, just from one of the scew holes. It was probably overtighted.
And, at 6 foot 1, it wasn't exactly tall enough for me. My helmet was a real bug collector.
And one day, I noticed the crack was getting worst...

So, I finally bought a Clearview, XL. 24.5 inches ( measured from top of the windshield to the top of ignition switch).
Less wind on top of my helmet, and no more bugs and flies, or very few, one or two.

The clearview is also 4 inches wider, a bit thicker, and I really appreciate the PRV : Pressure Relief Vents. I really feel the difference.
Of course, best quality comes with a best price. :biggrin:

Here are three 'short' windshields that I have -

Three Windshields.jpg
Left to right - 9 Inches, 15 Inches, 16 Inches.
None of them is 'perfect' (need some major cleaning) but no major scratches that I can see through the dirt. ;)
Just a note - on the 2 clear ones the top mounting hole looks like this -

Top Mounting Hole.jpg

Your choice - $50 plus shipping CONUS for one, or all three for $135 plus shipping.
Shipping three vs shipping one would be about the same price as the package dimensions is what the shippers tag you on.
I do accept PayPal.

Here are three 'short' windshields that I have -

Three Windshields.jpg
Left to right - 9 Inches, 15 Inches, 16 Inches.
None of them is 'perfect' (need some major cleaning) but no major scratches that I can see through the dirt. ;)
Just a note - on the 2 clear ones the top mounting hole looks like this -

Top Mounting Hole.jpg

Your choice - $50 plus shipping CONUS for one, or all three for $135 plus shipping.
Shipping three vs shipping one would be about the same price as the package dimensions is what the shippers tag you on.
I do accept PayPal.
Uncle Phil, I would like the 16 inch one on the right. I understand they are used and not perfect. I do have the Novus polish to help clean it up. Most of my trips are on the short side under 100 miles so a little more air will help. I always still have the 22 inch to put on if I do a longer trip.. NO hurry to get it to me we all are busy. I also understand the cost of shipping is up. Seems like any thing over 1 foot the price goes up fast. I live in Livonia, MI, 48154. I think your in TN. What part of TN.. East or West?? Our sun and family live in North West TN. Paris ..

The windshield on my 93 is 22 inches tall up the middle. It works great for cold days. Looking to get a shorter one. for the hotter days. Also I like to look over the windshield. So far the only ones I have found is the Clear View 4 sizes. The one I think I like is the 16.5 inch. Does any body here have one on there ST and can post a pick of it. Some others I have seen on ebay are from Europe and the postage is pricy. MadStad I do not see any listing for any ST on there site. This other one of the picture with the vents on the side. I guess that is what some of the post are calling pressure relief. Do not know what brand that is.
theere is a second set of holes in the mounting arms. If you are mounted in the upper set it can be moved to the lower set. seems like I remember
about 3" adjustments....

Back
Top Bottom