Windshield for ST1100

Greeting's ST'ers. I have a 91 ST that has an after market windshield on it. My problem with it is the top edge is right in my line of sight. I either have to look over it or under and you would think its not a big deal but it really bugs me.
I've seen a few places that carry replacements, one that I really like says it's for the Euro-Pan. A very nice man on the phone said that it wouldn't fit, that there was a slight change on the 94 model. Then I found the same one-same part number on another site that says it's for the Sport Tour and will fit 91-02.
Since I'm just a newbie I'm hoping there are a few experts out there that can clear this up for me.

Thanks,
Shari

Andrew Shadow

Site Supporter
Bike
2009 ST1300A9
I don't know about the compatibility of different year windscreens so I can't help you there. Just a thought however- if you wanted to keep the windscreen that you already have now did you consider cutting down a little bit.

sirepair

Let's RIDE!
Site Supporter
Bike
2003 ST1100P
STOC #
All ST1100 windshields are interchangable, no difference from year to year. There are two different (that I know of) original styles; plain and "cat eye", and a slew of aftermarket ones available.

Bike
1991 ST1100
I have a 91 ST1100 and I bought a MSA Vario screen with adjustable lip. They are European, made in Germany but Twisted Throttle in RI caries them. They are an exact fit.

Bike
1998 ST1100
STOC #
I believe the only change in that area of the bike was to the garnish under the windscreen that doesn't affect the fitment of the screen anyway. I love the VarioScreen Max that has already been mentioned. Twisted Throttle has to order them from Germany so it takes awhile to get them... Unless they started stocking them again but last one I bought had to be ordered. Unfortunately I have a bad habit of breaking Varioscreens so I am currently running a Laminar Lip windscreen combo that I like pretty well. My bike originally came with a clearview screen that was just too big for my taste but they make a few different kinds for the 1100 and even sometimes have really good deals on returned screens that may have the smallest of scratches in them. Good Luck

Last edited:
Bike
2018 NC750X
STOC #
;1821208]Go look at clearview windshields.[/quote]
I second that, I have purchased three Clearview shields for my 1100's and one for my Goldwing. They make a quality product.

Bike
97 ST1100
STOC #
Hello Shari, I've cut down a couple windscreens both clearview for the 1100 with no problems, if time allows I'm down in Belen if you want to look at the one I have left. I think it's about a 22". I'll look to see if I have shots of it.

Best, Ed

Bike
2021 RE Meteor 350
I wondered about that but my luck it would crack :eek::
It cuts easily using a fine blade, such as a coping saw blade. Just draw a line on it with a marker pen, cut on the line and smooth the edge with a fine grit sandpaper. Mask up to the edge with masking tape to avoid small scratches near the edge you are sanding. OR - take it to any glass shop that also handles plexi. They could cut it and likely not charge very much at all.

Ron

Bike
ST1100s
STOC #
A stock screen is 16", vertical in the center. Measure what you have so you will know what the sizes mean. Sometime they are called +4" (20") or +6" (22").

Sidney, Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada
Bike
1994 st1100 ABS
STOC #
A stock screen is 16", vertical in the center. Measure what you have so you will know what the sizes mean. Sometime they are called +4" (20") or +6" (22").
My screen is 16", vertical in the center also but I have no idea whether or not it's a stock screen. On Clearviewshields web site they state that the stock height is 14.75". Are certain your screen is stock or has Clearviewshields made an error or are there a couple of different stock screens for the ST1100?

Ron

Bike
ST1100s
STOC #
I'm pretty sure it is 20". I have been wrong before. :)

I would measure it but I have cut it down for a summer shield. It tops out at the top of the "horns" on each side just above the top of the dash.

Uncle Phil

Site Supporter
In The Holler West Of Nashville, Tennessee
Bike
4 ST1100(s)
2024 Miles
STOC #
If Clearview hasn't changed their policy, you can return it if you don't remove the plastic coating.
It mounts fine with it and give you a chance to see if it will work for you.
But return postage is on you - which can be steep these days!

Top Bottom