Windshield Issues with ST1100

Bike
1991 ST1100
STOC #
Hi,

I have tried several Windshields, Rifle 22 inch, a Cee Bailey with NACA Vent 22.5 inch, a ClearView with no Vent 22.75 inch, but am still having helmet buffeting and wind noise, unless I duck down a couple of inches. I have noticed that the tab of the Garnish Set, that the windshield attaches to, had broken off, and with its replacement costing $120, I don't want to have to make a habit of buying them. I notice that Laminar Lip makes parts that attach to these windshields. Would I be better off with one of these attached to one of these windshields, or just buy a taller windshield?

I really don't to over stress the attachment points, which don't appear to be but so sturdy. I am 6'2", with a 32 inch inseam.

I have a 24" tall windshield that came with my 1991. AT 5' 9" it is way too tall for me. PM me your home address & I will send it your
way. It you like it pay me later.

Test your theory of a laminar lip helping by building one out of cardboard or a piece of plexiglass and a heat gun.

I bought a laminar lip combo and switched the lip back and forth between 2 st1100s.
IMHO the laminar lip helps a lot.

+1 on the laminar lip...and adjustable
Test your theory of a laminar lip helping by building one out of cardboard or a piece of plexiglass and a heat gun.

I bought a laminar lip combo and switched the lip back and forth between 2 st1100s.
IMHO the laminar lip helps a lot.

Back
Top Bottom