Would a 195/45R17 work?

It's smaller than the 205/50R17 most run both in height and width. It'll throw off the speedo / odometer as well given the extra rotations as a result of being smaller.

1715361995806.png

It will fit. Don't know if you will like the ride. Less sidewall height might means less flex and the one who use the 205/50 already use lower pressure. The lower the profile tire the harder it is to install.

So to sum up, it will fit, my speedo will be off by 5%, I’m giving up an additional 1/2” of sidewall flex and it may be hard to install (not sure anything is harder to install than the OEM Bridgestone ;)) is that right?

So do the folks who fit a 180/55R17 motorcycle tire suffer the same “lean in” resistance over an OEM tire?
Anyone with actual experience with this setup care to chime in?

So do the folks who fit a 180/55R17 motorcycle tire suffer the same “lean in” resistance over an OEM tire?
I have run a few 180's. Have one on currently. No appreciable difference in tip in from the 170.

a car tire is fairly flat a m/c tire is rounded. There is going to be a big difference. Only minor differences' between different size m/c tires . see https://www.tacomaworld.com/tirecalc

Dropping the rear tire height will put more weight to the rear, or less on the front. This makes the front tire less planted especially noticeable around semis. Unless you are going to compensate for the change in height you may die. In a ball of flames. But seriously, there will likely be handling issues.

Duly noted… ball of fire; got it! :thumb:

So seeing as the height of the tire is reduced for the Darkside recommended 205/50R17 size over the OEM MC tire height of 170/60R17, does this setup also leave the front end a little “light”?

A couple years ago I bought a set of darkside tires and wheels from Jodog, and have run them for a while. I just decided to change back to my original wheels and tires, simply because I don't put a lot of miles on any more. It's an easy way to try out the darkside. I will most likely put them on the site for sale soon. I am in western Wisconsin, Eau Claire area. The rear is a Bridgestone drive guard and front is the Bridgestone rear mc tire that lots of people have run.

A couple years ago I bought a set of darkside tires and wheels from Jodog, and have run them for a while. I just decided to change back to my original wheels and tires, simply because I don't put a lot of miles on any more. It's an easy way to try out the darkside. I will most likely put them on the site for sale soon. I am in western Wisconsin, Eau Claire area. The rear is a Bridgestone drive guard and front is the Bridgestone rear mc tire that lots of people have run.
It's a small world isn't it? Check for a PM from me.

Back
Top Bottom