WV: Tag

Bike
2004 Honda ST1300ABS
STOC #
Well, you suck at this game. It was sitting for the same amount of time when i moved it. the idea is to RIDE!!!! not just make up your own new tag, ?????????
So I guess I'll move again in another year? If you would like it to stay at Cabellas at the WV/PA border that's fine with me. The irony is that I was in Wheeling in February to pick up my Unigo for my ST. . But I was driving my truck. I love to ride but 10 hours of hwy riding to pick up a tag doesn't sound too exciting to me, sorry. . .

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Bike
2000 ST1100
Then find a way of not highway....... when i moved it i did 1100 miles in two days and only 150 miles of highway....... i would rather watch it rot if no one can ride a BIKE to the spot....
SMDH

Bike
2004 Honda ST1300ABS
STOC #
Then find a way of not highway....... when i moved it i did 1100 miles in two days and only 150 miles of highway....... i would rather watch it rot if no one can ride a BIKE to the spot....
SMDH
Ok, enjoy WV tag:)

Bike
2004 Honda ST1300ABS
STOC #
is this not a sport TOURING enthusiast page?
I was happy to run the 280 miles I was able to do today. . . .just don't have the time to do the long distance tours I would like very often. Busy with life, I've got 16 years until my wife and I retire and 15 years until my youngest of 6 will be in college. . . Guess my true touring days are years down the road. . I just claim to be an ST1300 owner and am happy with that:)

ibike2havefun

Still above the sod
Site Supporter
Bike
Bikeless (9/29/2019)
STOC #
I believe that the point bobdog2o02 was trying to make, in his gentle, understated sort of way, was "Foul! Rules Violation! There's nothing in the rules that permits a player to preemptively reset a tag / reboot the thread without actually visiting the previous tag location as specified." And he is correct.

I am trying to recall whether there is precedent set by players in another state whose tag had languished for multiple years, to permit a summary reboot by skipping the last tag placement and starting with a new one. I feel like I read one within the past year but I can't remember which state and what the circumstances were. If anyone can find and cite the case example that might tend to permit such a move, please come forward with the information.

Please read the rules:
8 - New Rule - After 6 months, the tag can be moved by anyone.
That does not say (to me) "The game can be rebooted by anyone, without their visiting the previous tag location."

Noting that none of the four of us who have made the most recent posts actually *lives* in WV, I'd like to get a ruling from the Official WV State Residents Governing Board For ST Tag Games: is hueyf4i's restart permissible and acceptable?

If nobody from WV chimes in after... what, a week?... (and if Mellow doesn't exercise his awesome Unilateral Powers of Site Ownerdom to make a ruling in the interim), then I'd be inclined to let history be the guide and say that, due to lack of precedent to the contrary and noting the previous player's objections, the tag is still at Cabela's in Triadelphia WV and not on US 340 outside of Harper's Ferry.

But I'm not an official in the game, so my opinion is only that- an opinion.

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
If the tag hasn't moved for 6 months, any member can move it anywhere in that state WITHOUT visiting the previous tag location... this was done in order to keep tags that were stale moving...

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
You should add that tidbit to the end of the rule 8 statement. I may go bumpstart 40 tags.
Well, now you know. It's kinda self explanatory since anyone can move any tag anyway.. how else would you interpret that rule?

W0QNX

Blacksheep Tribal Member
Bike
06/ST1300 19/R1250RT
2024 Miles
I thought rule 8 just meant the last mover could go tag the old tag and make a new move. I didn't realize the "tag" didn't have to happen. Without rule 8 anyone could go move the tag EXCEPT the current tag holder

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
I thought rule 8 just meant the last mover could go tag the old tag and make a new move. I didn't realize the "tag" didn't have to happen. Without rule 8 anyone could go move the tag EXCEPT the current tag holder

8 - New Rule - After 6 months, the tag can be moved by anyone.

I'll adjust the verbiage but many other have already utilized the rule.

Bike
2004 Honda ST1300ABS
STOC #
I believe that the point bobdog2o02 was trying to make, in his gentle, understated sort of way, was "Foul! Rules Violation! There's nothing in the rules that permits a player to preemptively reset a tag / reboot the thread without actually visiting the previous tag location as specified." And he is correct.

I am trying to recall whether there is precedent set by players in another state whose tag had languished for multiple years, to permit a summary reboot by skipping the last tag placement and starting with a new one. I feel like I read one within the past year but I can't remember which state and what the circumstances were. If anyone can find and cite the case example that might tend to permit such a move, please come forward with the information.

That does not say (to me) "The game can be rebooted by anyone, without their visiting the previous tag location."

Noting that none of the four of us who have made the most recent posts actually *lives* in WV, I'd like to get a ruling from the Official WV State Residents Governing Board For ST Tag Games: is hueyf4i's restart permissible and acceptable?

If nobody from WV chimes in after... what, a week?... (and if Mellow doesn't exercise his awesome Unilateral Powers of Site Ownerdom to make a ruling in the interim), then I'd be inclined to let history be the guide and say that, due to lack of precedent to the contrary and noting the previous player's objections, the tag is still at Cabela's in Triadelphia WV and not on US 340 outside of Harper's Ferry.

But I'm not an official in the game, so my opinion is only that- an opinion.
We had this discussion with the VA-western region tag, which had sat for 2 years at the Grayson County line. I had specifically asked about the rules before moving that one and was told that after 6 months the old tag could be moved without tagging it. . . Guess I'll just be tagging NO-VA for now on, not here to make waves. . . .are there any members here that live in WV?

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
We had this discussion with the VA-western region tag, which had sat for 2 years at the Grayson County line. I had specifically asked about the rules before moving that one and was told that after 6 months the old tag could be moved without tagging it. . . Guess I'll just be tagging NO-VA for now on, not here to make waves. . . .are there any members here that live in WV?

No waves to make, if people don't like it they can complain to me. I'd rather it move that sit.

ibike2havefun

Still above the sod
Site Supporter
Bike
Bikeless (9/29/2019)
STOC #
We had this discussion with the VA-western region tag
Aha- that was the thread I could not remember.

No waves to make, if people don't like it they can complain to me. I'd rather it move that sit.
Okay then- precedent established and ruling made! The WV tag is now at the WV/MD state line outside Harper's Ferry.

Thanks!

Bike
2004 Honda ST1300ABS
STOC #
I did the same thing to the VA western region, but I had planned the pic out and it was a better tag. I just used this pick so it wouldn't sit for another 2 years. I promise you that in 6 months I'll move it to a more interesting spot in WV if it hasn't been moved by then. .

ibike2havefun

Still above the sod
Site Supporter
Bike
Bikeless (9/29/2019)
STOC #
Old: Welcome to WV sign on US 340 outside Harper's Ferry:

20180707_140157w.jpg

New: Get Thee to a University, specifically Shepherd University.

20180707_143530w.jpg

And there are plenty of scenic, curvy, quiet back roads to get here.

Last edited:
Bike
2004 Honda ST1300ABS
STOC #
Old: Welcome to WV sign on US 340 outside Harper's Ferry:

New: Get Thee to a University, specifically Shepherd University.

And there are plenty of scenic, curvy, quiet back roads to get here.
Challenge accepted. . . Picked this up around 10:30 last night and just got home about 10 minutes ago. . .

Old: Shepherd University

I'll post the new pic on Monday

Last edited:
Top Bottom