Zumo XT case options ?

Bike
ST1100(s), Nortons,
Apart from the somewhat costly garmin case has anyone found a soft case that will hold the XT?

STRider

Site Supporter
Bike
2012 ST1300A
STOC #
This is for transport and storage while not on the bike?

I bought this along with my XT in April 2021 and it works great. Price has even dropped by $0.60 in the mean time. :) Currently $9.53 with free Prime shipping.

Its corners are rounded while the XT's are square and sharp, but it's a great fit otherwise. Has room for a USB Type-B mini cable for use in the car with a USB power source (and an extra mount for the windshield, but that won't fit in the case!).

1669061018539.png

1669061041986.png

Bike
'04 ST1300
STOC #
Its corners are rounded while the XT's are square and sharp, but it's a great fit otherwise.
I tried the XT in the several cases I have and it's a weird size. A little too snug for my comfort. Was concerned about the edge to edge glass in a drop. So I bit the bullet and bought the Garmin case. It has a little more wiggle room.

OP
OP
kerbside
Bike
ST1100(s), Nortons,
I bought this along with my XT in April 2021 and it works great. Price has even dropped by $0.60 in the mean time. :) Currently $9.53 with free Prime shipping
Checked out Amazon but decided to go with the above. At least I know it will hold the xt even though the corners are tight.
Cheers all.

Nashcat

Site Supporter
Bike
2015 Versys 1000LT
STOC #
I just dug around in the garage, looking for mine. I was going to send it, since I only used it once or twice. Evidently, I tossed it during the last cleanup.

I always had my gloves on when I remembered it was in its case and the zipper was a pain, with gloves on. Now, I just put the Zumo in the top box or in my jacket pocket.

John

Don-STOC237

STealer
Bike
Suzuki GSX1250FA-ST
STOC #
OP
OP
kerbside
Bike
ST1100(s), Nortons,
There's a guy from UK that 3d prints some really nice edge protectors with and without sunshades. All have lanyards included and a snap on contact cover for when it's not on the bike. He sells on Etsy and has fast shipping to the USA
Hi Don, cheers.

Anyone have a screen protector on the XT? If so how does it work with gloves?
Never used on one any of the past Zumo units, but this screen deserves one.

Ron

Bike
ST1100s
STOC #
The UK guy on Etsy (above) sells them. Don't know how well they work.

Don-STOC237

STealer
Bike
Suzuki GSX1250FA-ST
STOC #
Hi Don, cheers.

Anyone have a screen protector on the XT? If so how does it work with gloves?
Never used on one any of the past Zumo units, but this screen deserves one.
I don't know why one would need a screen protector if they had a system that would protect the screen from contacting the ground in case of a drop. The one I have does that. On the FB Garmin XT users group, I think a screen protector is generally poo-pooed since any contact with the screen, such as heavy rain, seems to mess up the display. Not sure a screen protector wouldn't set it off. The guard I use, with a built-in overhang, also seems to keep the rain off, but I don't have much problem with rain where I ride, so who knows?

Top Bottom