Zumo XT motorcycle mounting bracket weather/dust cover?

Shuey

Site Supporter
Bike
FJR1300 ES, 2018
SPOT
LINK
STOC #
Title is a mouthful, I know.

Well . . . as I go through my learning curve on the use of my new Zumo XT I went looking for a dust cap/cover for the motorcycle mounting bracket. Looked online. Spent nearly an hour looking on Amazon to include a lengthy "chat" with their customer service representative, all to no avail. Finally I went to the source - Garmin. Spoke with Adam who made a quick check and informed . . . Garmin doesn't make a weather cover for the XT!

I then went to their site for suggestions and requested consideration for them to make a cover for the mounting bracket. I volunteered to beta test it for them for free.

Is anyone aware of a third party vendor making something useful for this purpose, other than . . . Glad or Ziploc? ;)

Shuey

paulcb

- - - Tetelestai - - - R.I.P. - 2022/05/26
Rest In Peace
Bike
'97/'01 ST1100 ABSII
STOC #
My XT came with a rubber cap that covers the two electrical contacts on the bracket. It's attached to the power cable and loops under the bracket.

1649716555928.png

OP
OP
Shuey

Shuey

Site Supporter
Bike
FJR1300 ES, 2018
SPOT
LINK
STOC #
First Paul, et. al.
Thanks for the responses and . . . mine came with that cover also. I'm looking for a fuller cover that covers the recessed bolts as well.

Lost Dutchman
Yep, covers the whole face of the mounting bracket. Can't tell from the pic. $4.08 . . . can't beat the price. I'd order one, but it's on backorder with 20 other people already on the waiting list. Does it snap on like the XT itself using the Garmin release or just stretch on?

STRider
Possible winner. I went to their site . . . all in Dutch. I don't give up easily, so using the Google Dutch to English translator worked my way through their ordering process. 10 Euros. It's possible I ordered one, or, maybe a new car will arrive in 3 months! Finished the process and was rewarded with an order number, however (here's where the iffy part starts) I never saw a screen wanting my payment information. Supposedly an email is coming, or maybe they'll call me wondering what in the heck was I trying to do. All apart of the excitement of living on the edge!

Thanks everyone,
Shuey

OP
OP
Shuey

Shuey

Site Supporter
Bike
FJR1300 ES, 2018
SPOT
LINK
STOC #
Well . . . had fun at the bank working out how to wire transfer 10 Euros to a bank in the Netherlands. Sent today, receipt across the pond noted as being 2 days from now. Stay tuned.

Shuey

OP
OP
Shuey

Shuey

Site Supporter
Bike
FJR1300 ES, 2018
SPOT
LINK
STOC #
Found another option . . . is anyone out there familiar with and have access to a 3D Printer?

If so, I'll gladly pay for you to make a couple of these:

Shuey

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
Found another option . . . is anyone out there familiar with and have access to a 3D Printer?

Shuey
Maybe something @rogo would like to play with.

I wouldn't mind one also... I guess a condom might be an alternative.

paulcb

- - - Tetelestai - - - R.I.P. - 2022/05/26
Rest In Peace
Bike
'97/'01 ST1100 ABSII
STOC #

Shuey
My son has one. I'll ask him about this, see what different materials he has.

We have a really high-end 3D printer that I use here at work, but they frown on personal projects.

STRider

Site Supporter
Bike
2012 ST1300A
STOC #
I've got one started in PET-G. I'll let everyone know how it fits in a short while.

I may make another with TPU (thermoplastic polyurethane) if that fits. Unfortunately the TPU Anthony has in inventory is a hideous blue that I would not want to stare at all the time from the saddle while the XT isn't mounted. :)

Bike
2010 ST1300
@Shuey, Cindy at Evitek in China accepts payment in USD via Paypal. She does however, charge $2 for a paypal/conversion/whatever fee. The Dutch are not as technologically advanced as China? Or maybe not as hungry.

Bike
2021 Tracer 9GT
STOC #
My XT is tough enough that it does not need to be removed anyway, except to avoid theft. Make yourself a screen protector out of 3M VVivid paint protector and enjoy life. I dropped mine on the foot peg with this protector installed, hitting the screen, no damage at all.

Top Bottom