Throttle lock or similar..

Back when I was frugal (ok still am....) I did the zip tie throttle lock along with the wrist rest on Mikey.
You think that's frugal (I would agree with you, BTW)?
How about the @Uncle Phil types who use rubber o-rings?
(Come to think of it, I think he has upgraded his throttle lock... but I know I've seen it used and mentioned by others around here.)

Look up ‘Crampbuster’ as well as ‘Go Cruise’.
Same-Same.

I have a Cramp Buster on both grips. Very handy to rest my arms and hands. Avoid whatever brand uses hook-n-loop fastening. It gives up after awhile.

The Go Cruise is slicker than sliced bread soaked in the best motor oil for a 1300. As mentioned it's not a throttle lock but does the job – only better. Installation couldn't be easier. It's easily transferrable from bike to bike in seconds. Say you had a herd of STs in your corral and decided to match an ST your mood ring. 30s or less and the Go Cruise is off of one and on another.

Operation is so intuitive and it stays out of the way when not needed. I used it's biggest plus without even realizing it until a venerable member mentioned it. Once set throttle position is held. But if you want to accelerate you just twist and go. Release it and you're back at the preset opening/speed.

This isn't possible with any other throttle lock that I know of. All those need to be unlocked and locked once throttle position has been selected again. Not a big deal by any means. But once you've been rolling with it being without it is a little annoying.

I've had the NEP and two versions of the Vista Cruise and I'll never use anything other than the Go Cruise. Unless maybe — I decide to go to an actual cruise control. Which isn't likely.

The previous owner of the 2012 I bought a couple of months ago had the Kaoka. I don't have any real experience with it yet, but on those wide open, fairly flat roads, it would seem to do the trick.

View attachment 333609
I test rode a friends f700GS about 3 weeks ago, and he had one of these. My ST came with a throttlemeister, and I found the TM to be much better than the Kaoko. The TM had a more progressive drag on the throttle and was smooth and not grabby. The Kaoko was grabby and it had a quicker 'bite', but only toward the engagement point. Alas, the TM is no longer in production and I think the Kaoko is. It is entirely possible the difference is a matter of how the guy installs this gadget and not a fault of the device. I had removed my TM from my ST when I installed Oxford heated grips and remember fiddling with it a lot to get it to work smoothly on assembly.

This thread reminded me I needed to 'fix' my Kaoko...

Apparently, searching through old threads, the newer style Honda heated grips are shorter, which leaves a pretty large gap in-between the end of the rubber grip and the Kaoko. (previous owner had a big galvanized washer in there which I took off):
Kaoka 1.jpg

Some grinding and filing on the part that slips inside the handle bar, and I am all set:

Kaoka 2.jpg

Last edited:
This was taken off another forum and I was going to try this on my previous Honda.
It called the Caterpillar O Ring throttle lock.

Simple as that. Roll it back onto the bar end when you don't want to use it.

This may be the Caterpillar part number. 8M4991.

I might try this in the near future to see if it works.
Currently using a throttlemister lock that works awesome, came with my 2nd ST1300.

Top Bottom