20230805_084633.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 43
  • 20230805_084615.jpg
    20230805_084615.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 45
  • 20230805_084604.jpg
    20230805_084604.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 42
Depending on local codes might there be legal issues with anything else then reflective red facing rear, or anything else then white (maybe amber) facing front...
No rules for retroreflective material here ( New Zealand ) on motorcycles only regulated on Heavy Vehicles

I had a set of the reflective decals sold by BikeQuip. I really liked what they did for the looks of the bike.

20141025_143835cropped and resized.jpg

The rear reflectors were dark unless a light was shone onto them, then they really lit up.
20150120_150512w.jpg

Last edited:
Amazon has all kinds of reflective tapes - various colors and widths. Only fly in the ointment that I can see is the price and the need to buy a full roll (it doesn't come by the foot). Ok, somebody will make a liar out of me - I did only a cursory search when I was looking.

I forget which member here work(ed)(s) in a sign shop, @kiltman(?). Anyway, whoever it was suggested to me to hit a local sign shop and they might give me roll end pieces for free or a few bucks. My local place (that I've used before) was charging full boat for a tail end scrap of black - the guy said they use scraps to punch out reflective letters. Of all the signs they had on display, I saw none with reflective letters.

Depending on local codes might there be legal issues with anything else then reflective red facing rear, or anything else then white (maybe amber) facing front...
In the UK, it's regulated......obviously!
Only red to the rear and no red to the front.
I think sides is probably orange.
Upt.

Upt (and Martin) are correct although I get away with yellow at the sides and rear (the rear number plate is yellow, after all).

IMAG0013.jpg

I had scrap from work.
I may have some more around I could send you.
The rolls are fairly expensive.
Long roll of alternating red and white reflector tape DOT approved.
The white would go nice on the front.
What from where?

Back
Top Bottom