Replacement for the Honda ST1300 in 20??

Bike
2005 ST13
Re: Replacement for the Honda ST1300 in 2014?

...airbag option... No reports of them blowing up for no reason.
On VW's, if you go poking around the CAN-BUS system with 3rd party diagnostic software, you stand a good chance of blowing the airbags.

Bike
ST1100 & ST1300
STOC #

On VW's, if you go poking around the CAN-BUS system with 3rd party diagnostic software, you stand a good chance of blowing the airbags.

Hmm, I have a Ross-tech VCDS with HEX-USB+CAN Interface and have never seen anything about that happening.

Though I don't typically go into the module for the air bags other than when the full scan is run. Then it is just pulling codes if there are any stored.

Bike
'15 FJR ES

Soooo, "Poking around the CAN-BUS system with 3rd party diagnostic software" is NOT a reason? That defies reason... Are there any recent reports of automobiles with airbags just Blowing UP! while the vehicle is traveling down the road? Let us narrow it down some more. Are there any recent reports of a HONDA automobile having an airbag failure of any sort? The funny thing is, I don't want an airbag on my motorcycle either. However, I will not pass on a chance to own a potentially wonderful bike because of an unrealistic fear of the technology. All of which is speculation anyway since we don't have a clue IF Honda will offer us such a bike.

Bike
2006 ST1300

Google Sudden Airbag Deployment and you will find lots of examples including Hondas (cars).

Sent from my XT881 using Tapatalk 2

Bike
2014 FJR ES 2009 WEE

Probably all the ST development money was diverted to the JET....I still think the ST1300 was developed originally for the police contracts....still the red FJR is a pretty good replacement......

Bike
'15 FJR ES

I am now so frightened of airbags that I refuse to drive my truck! My wife is not going to like it when I tell her she is no longer safe in her BMW surrounded by all those Dangerous Airbags! I guess we must all start walking everywhere we go. I'd ride my bicycle but you know I read somewhere that those pneumatic tires can "blow up for no reason" and that could be catastrophic. Seriously guys, we can always find a reason to avoid new technology. Do we really want to? Again, I don't want an airbag on my bike. But it would not be a deal breaker for me.

Bike
2019 GL1800
STOC #

airbag on motorcycle = waste of money,weight and possibly dangerous (my opinion) . If there is a dream machine (ST1300 replacement) available someday and it comes with an airbag I would MOST definitely disconnect it from being operable. The same with an ejection seat with rocket propelled motors :D

Last edited:

I am now so frightened of airbags that I refuse to drive my truck! My wife is not going to like it when I tell her she is no longer safe in her BMW surrounded by all those Dangerous Airbags! I guess we must all start walking everywhere we go. I'd ride my bicycle but you know I read somewhere that those pneumatic tires can "blow up for no reason" and that could be catastrophic. Seriously guys, we can always find a reason to avoid new technology. Do we really want to? Again, I don't want an airbag on my bike. But it would not be a deal breaker for me.
Since I started surfing the Internet, I don't trust anything with wheels -- period. I think wheels are a fad that will die off -- once we get hoverboard technology. ;)

Bike
2006 ST1300

I disconnect the airbags in any cage I own. I would do the same on a bike.

Sent from my XT881 using Tapatalk 2

STOC #

Yup that's the direction Honda is going with our 1300 engine. A morphed quasi cruiser/tourer hermaphrodite....

like I said.. yuck

Bike
'15 FJR ES

I just threw up on the keyboard. Sadly, there are certain styling elements that could work. Just not in that package.

STOC #

I'm curious, what makes a motorcycle??? Is it the engine or chassis or a combo of the two.. I have a 2000 KZP cop bike with a KZ 1000 engine but it's no KZ 1000.
So is this a CTX 700 (Comfort. Technology. Xperience) with a ST 1300 motor a CTX or a ST cruiser????? Is a F6B a cruiser or a goldwing?
I'm glad Honda is using the great 1300 motor and I hope they create something a little more "tourish" if that's a word... How hard would it be to change all the plastic to make it a sport touring bike...If honda is still in the Police motorcycle market how would that pan out... no pun intended...!

The front end shot is not bad and it needs a windscreen...bad...

Last edited:

Bigmak96

R.I.P. - 2021/08/07
Rest In Peace
Bike
04 GL1800 Past tense
STOC #

Sorry guys, our market is just too small for them to make what we would like to see. Nice that they are keeping the motor, now cruser fans will see why we love it so much.

Bike
2019 GL1800
STOC #

Had anybody noticed the inverted forks?? Does it have cruise control? I like the looks of it but would not buy it because I NEED a touring version which I truly believe is coming out soon. At least we now know our beloved engine is still being produced and comparable mods like the FJR are being incorporated (front forks) Anybody not seeing the positive in this have lost faith---- I LIKE WHAT I AM SEEING SO FAR :bow1:

Here it is....... yuck
Wow. A cruiser. I didn't see that coming. Personally, I think that the announced CTX700T looks way to much like the DN-01 for my liking.

http://motorcycle.honda.ca/touring/cxt700t

But I know at least one person who is anxiously waiting for them to show up in showrooms. OK, he actually DOES own a DN-01 now. And he is 78. But still...

I guess they must be selling FB6's...

Top Bottom