New G6 H4 with SHIELD is now availible - no glare no scatter.

SupraSabre

48 Years of SoCal Lane Splitting/Commuting-Retired
Site Supporter
Bike
12/04 ST 1300s
2024 Miles
STOC #
One suggestion I would have when you replace your lights, use surgical type gloves to avoid the issue of touching the units in the wrong places!

They aren't that expensive, but it might save some aggravation in the long run.

toby267

not sure why you had to get the China shipping :(

That was Evitek's suggested solution to the problem.

I contacted Amazon about it, they are sending replacements via next day shipping, and also honoring the lower price I paid 2 weeks ago. One thing about Amazon, they put customer service first, especially for prime members.

nerSTeve

Vendor
Bike
2007 ST1300A
STOC #
Gotta love Amazon Prime... Be here Wednesday and I just ordered. :)

nerSTeve

Vendor
Bike
2007 ST1300A
STOC #
Re: New G6 H4 LED bulb with SHIELD is now availible - no glare no scatter.

Ha! No kidding huh. Just been waiting on a reliable set and something that works with my modulator. Can't wait to add the extra Lumens!!!

SupraSabre

Site Supporter
Bike
12/04 ST 1300s
2024 Miles
STOC #
Re: New G6 H4 LED bulb with SHIELD is now availible - no glare no scatter.

Ha! No kidding huh. Just been waiting on a reliable set and something that works with my modulator. Can't wait to add the extra Lumens!!!
About using them with a modulator. My understanding is that the modulator keeps the light from going out completely? With mine, I can only see, on-off, nothing in between. But even with that, I would be surprised if a cop has anyway to test them for that in the field.

If I'm wrong, okay, fine..but???

OP
OP
spiderman302
Bike
2006 ST1300A
2024 Miles
No. they are working out. but if you have been reading my posts. The previous ones require a bit of tweaking to get them spot on. It will be nice when they are just plug and play. We are getting real close. It is nice that we now have three better choices.

There is one minor improvement that they all need but I am not waiting for that since I am using the G6 in my DRZ and the G7 in my ST. When the final solution arrives I will just upgrade then. In the mean time in I will be putting on many miles with these existing lights. They are now far superior than the junk that was previously available.

You will do well with either of these three current choices. Those who are already using them will tell you that they are a big upgrade.

Last edited:
OP
OP
spiderman302
Bike
2006 ST1300A
2024 Miles
The Evitek's are plug and play on Honda's except you have to trim the bottom tabs and there is enough slop that you can adjust the beam level. In the DRZ headlight you have to push past the stops to adjust the beam level. These are minor tweaks....

SupraSabre

Site Supporter
Bike
12/04 ST 1300s
2024 Miles
STOC #
Gee I just ran into another one...... (click on H4)

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B01EY6KULY?psc=1

This one looks better. Maybe somebody will get it right....
I would really like to see the fan input separated from the Light input. It makes me a little worried while running the headlight modulators and having the fans turning on and off all the time. I know everyone says it won't hurt them, but I still wonder if over time the fans will fail or if they keep things cool enough.

Bike
'04 ST1300 Blue STar
Supra,,, would the fans and their controllers not just get the modulated voltage during daylight hours ?? Not sure what it is,,, but lets say it might be 14v pulsing down to 8v and back,,,, but not a complete on/off (although the led emitters will go on/off). I hope someone does some testing on these latest units,,, because they look really good. But,, there is no way I would give up my modulator for them. This LED tech seems to be evolving rapidly. Likely different manufacturers innovating to grab more market share. Likely only a matter of time till a big name in lighting buys up one of them,, and begins to market at name-brand pricing. I would like to get mine before that happens,,,, Cat'

STraymond

Site Supporter
Bike
'01 ST1100
STOC #
The Evitek's are plug and play on Honda's except you have to trim the bottom tabs and there is enough slop that you can adjust the beam level. In the DRZ headlight you have to push past the stops to adjust the beam level. These are minor tweaks....

Any chance that Evitek will offer the Honda base like Cyclops does?

Top Bottom