Grounded For A While - Again

Sorry to hear Phil, Hope you have a speedy recovery my friend..

Well, I got to bring Sharyn home yesterday and she's doing fine on a walker. Needless to say, the cats are much happy now since she provides a higher level of service to them than I do. ;-) My daughter has volunteered to stay with her Friday, Saturday, and Sunday during GarySToc, so all I've got to do is get the ST2500 packed and ready to go!

Well, I got to bring Sharyn home yesterday and she's doing fine on a walker. Needless to say, the cats are much happy now since she provides a higher level of service to them than I do. ;-) My daughter has volunteered to stay with her Friday, Saturday, and Sunday during GarySToc, so all I've got to do is get the ST2500 packed and ready to go!

Tell your daughter a special "Thank you" from me; it's gonna be great to see you again. Safe travels my friend.

Gary

Well UP I'm late to the ball as usual..Just discovered the difficulties you and your bride have been having....I can relate ....I have been fighting a stubborn case of bronchitis for almost a month so my saddle time has been reduced to sitting on Dark Star in the garage....Hard to stay upright during coughing fits...Anyway hope you and your better half are on the mend....Prayers going up...Hope to see you somewhere soon ....Bill

Phil: Haven't checked in for a while and just read about your latest hardware issues. My ST has been on the charger most of the summer as I rehab two brand-spankin' new knees. Forty years of racquetball, cycling and hiking did me in at last. The new joints are supposed to be good for forty more years, but I'll do my best to wear them out sooner. It's been two weeks since the last surgery and things are looking pretty good, but I may miss the Blue Ridge Gathering for the first time in years, so someone else better bring along a camera this time.

Good luck on your recovery and give Ms Sharyn a big hug from up north.

Peter - Hope your new 'hardware' works as well a mine do. Mine got a real good 'crash' test yesterday - I was run off the road by another driver who stopped and then fled the scene. It was good that another driver saw it and gave the report to the trooper. Fortunately, I was in my 3/4 ton GMC Pickup which probably saved my bacon along with the Good Lord's protection. It's totaled - front left wheel ripped off, frame bent, rear axle twisted but that happens when you go offroading and take out a bunch of trees in the process. My knees hit the dash pretty hard and I'm banged up a lot, but nothing broke or busted. My aortic aneurysm however appears to have 'enlarged' in the process enough to a 'need to fix' size, so I visit the heart doc a week from today to set up surgery. Life does get interesting somedays ... ;-)

When it rains, it pours..

Sorry to hear of your off-roading .. glad you weren't hurt worse . Hopefully you had insurance and will get replacement for your truck.

Good luck on the fix for the aortic aneurysm.. Hope it isn't as bad as it sounds .

Oh man, Phil, the gremlins have certainly been having a heyday with you lately!! :( As others have said, the silver lining here seems to be that the aneurysm got flagged in time. May your bumps and bruises heal quickly, may the docs get your pump fixed up pronto, and may the gremlins get bored with you and find some other way to amuse themselves!!

Patty

Well Dam Phil, hate to hear of the off road adventure. Sure glad it was not worse than it was. Hope you heal up fast..

Darn, you're really on a series there... :-?
Best wishes for a speedy recovery (and successful lawsuit)!

No lawsuit - the police couldn't find him so it's a 'hit and run'. I figure the dude got off at the next exit and got out of there. I was just glad for once I was in my truck instead of my motorcycle. If I'd been on one of my ST1100s, this would probably be turned into a memorial thread. ;-)

What?! No BOLO?! Wouldn't such be SOP in a hit and run resulting in personnel injury?

The witness didn't get the license number because he was concerned that whoever was in the truck was probably dead or badly hurt (pretty horrific crash - especially from the inside! ;-)). By the time the police got there, they radioed ahead, but the perp was already long gone. 1/2 mile up was an exit and my hunch is he took it and got out in the countryside.

Top Bottom