Grounded For A While - Again

Bike
2018 GL1800 Airbag
STOC #
No lawsuit - the police couldn't find him so it's a 'hit and run'. I figure the dude got off at the next exit and got out of there. I was just glad for once I was in my truck instead of my motorcycle. If I'd been on one of my ST1100s, this would probably be turned into a memorial thread. ;-)
Do you have uninsured motorists? Was there contact between your vehicle and his? You need to see a lawyer.

OP
OP
Uncle Phil

Uncle Phil

Site Supporter
In The Holler West Of Nashville, Tennessee
Bike
4 ST1100(s)
2024 Miles
STOC #
Yes I have uninsured motorists and this will come under that. No way to tell if there was contact but I told the insurance interviewer that the left side front had damage and I could not tell if it was from the trees or contact. I'll keep the lawyers out of it unless the insurance company wants to hassle me. I already have a legal plan in place if need be. And as I posted in another thread -

On the way back home from my 'final' visit to my truck, some dude came flying off the ramp and came all the way on top of me in the left lane. This time I made the conscious decision to just hit the brakes and let the sheet metal fly rather than steer into the high wall and have another one run off. Somehow I missed him but it was tempting to throw something at him when I passed him later!;-)

Bike
2012 honda ST1300
STOC #
Sorry to hear about your hit and run. And I will keep your in my prayers. Keep on healing. This business with hit and runs has made me want to drive a tank. We have been hit eight times in the last ten years and only one paid for the damage, unable to drive his truck away. So much for everyone having to have insurance. After dealing with my Insurance Co. I can tell you who you do not want to be insured by. Heavy iron welded all the way around with video cameras pointing in every direction and that might not be enough.

John OoSTerhuis

Life Is Good!
Bike
1991 SSMST1100
STOC #
Dang, Phil... What's that saying about bad things coming in threes...?

Go buy a Powerball ticket.

I hope things get back to normal for you both real soon. "We're pull'n fer ya!"

John

Bike
BMW Grand America
STOC #
Phil, you sure live an eventful life. We can both be thankful for the miracles of modern medicine for keeping us in the race. Keep safe, and good luck with the ticker repair. We have lots of twisties left to explore.

Moto-Charlie

Vendor
Hi Phil - Somehow I missed this post and randomly started at the last page. It didn't take but a reading or two (and then the other 8 pages) to realize that you'd been through a huge amount of strudel in a pretty short time. Hopefully you'll be back to riding in no time - October's coming up soon. Good luck at the heart doc's and best wishes to you and your wife for a full and speedy recovery. BR - Charlie

OP
OP
Uncle Phil

Uncle Phil

Site Supporter
In The Holler West Of Nashville, Tennessee
Bike
4 ST1100(s)
2024 Miles
STOC #
Well, I consider myself very lucky. I get a stent for my 'after' birthday present on September 14th. :D Kind of interesting technology as this keeps the artery from ballooning instead of opening it up - sort of pipe inside a pipe. Hopefully one night in the hospital and then all I have to do is behave myself - now that will be hard enough! ;-)

ST1100Y

Site Supporter
Bike
ST1100Y, ST1100R
STOC #
So some good news within all the bad things happening...
Best wishes for the operation!

OhiaBoy

R.I.P. - 2017/06/09
Rest In Peace
Bike
91 ST1100
STOC #
Will keep you and the Doctor in our prayers UP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Keith_UK

.. just add pasties
Cornwall in the far south-west of England, UK
Bike
ST1300 Pan-Euro
STOC #
I've only just learned about all your recent misfortunes Phil.

I'm thinking of ya mate, over on this side of the pond.

Please give my luvs to Miss Sharyn.

Y'all heal-up soonest .. y'hear?! :wink:

best

Keith [& Ellen]

Bike
2012 honda ST1300
STOC #
Prayers from west Tennessee. Rest up and get that tune up so you will be ready by the time the Blue Ridge Gathering comes around, if not sooner.

John OoSTerhuis

Life Is Good!
Bike
1991 SSMST1100
STOC #
Good luck with the stent, Phil. My sweet Sally ended up getting 8 of them recently (heart, femoral, renal) in three sessions after her 5 grafts started giving out after 10 years. A routine long-term followup check/test ID'd the situation. She just finished heart rehab and is feeling great. Amazing what modern medical science and surgeons can do these days. I just got my second steroid back injection last week and I feel pretty good (cancelled WeSTOC though). We are blessed and Life Is Good!

Best wishes to you and Sharyn.

Buy that Powerball ticket, my friend. Looking forward to our next meeting and my bearhug.

John

SteveST1300

Site Supporter
Vendor
Bike
03&04 ST1300
STOC #
Dang Phil I don't look at a thread for a while and look at what has happened glad the accident wasn't any worse. And we will be thinking of you with that stent going in do what the Docs say and get healed up!

Top Bottom