OP
OP
JimSTer

JimSTer

Motorcycle "rider"!!
Bike
15 Yamaha FJ-09
STOC #
As you all may realize how hard it is for me to post the latest from Brusky and 1595210445571.jpeg1595210445337.jpegColleen.
Bruce called me yesterday and told me what was happening.
Bruce and Colleen need prayers now like never before.

Hello all,

I have to apologize for not sending an update sooner, it has been a rollercoaster ride. Bruce had his surgery to remove part of his pancreas and his spleen in March. The surgery went well and we were all hopeful. His recovery was slow and after about 2 months we felt we were over the hump. He was moving around and being more himself. That lasted a couple of weeks.

About mid May we started seeing a small bump appearing at the site where the surgical drain had been removed. He was slowing down and in pain. After 6 weeks the growth had grown to about an inch in diameter. We sent pictures to Mayo and saw two different drs here. A biopsy was done and it was found to be cancer. We went back to Mayo where they successfully removed the tumor which was only in the skin. Mayo did thorough scans and found that Bruce had innumerable tumors in his abdomen. Theses tumors spread fast and can not be surgically removed. The recommendation is to try with the chemo to keep tumors at bay and keep the pain under control. They will add a stronger regimen this time and if he can tolerate the chemo, they will scan again in a few moths to see were he is.

This chemo will be only palliative care. Our hope now his to keep him around and comfortable for as long as possible. Bruce continues to keep surprising me with his usual antics, picture included. (Peanut M&M"s)

We don't always get back to you but your emails, texts, prayers, phone calls and cards are so very much appreciated and loved.

Love to all,

Colleen & Bruce
20200627_134939.jpg20200718_135312 (1).jpg

Bike
07 FJR1300
STOC #
Bruski, M&M suppose to go in the ears to blocking off all the negative stuffs on TV not the nose :rofl1: Be well Bruce. will see you two soon. :biggrin:

dduelin

Tune my heart to sing Thy grace
Site Supporter
Bike
GL1800 R1200RT NC700
2024 Miles
STOC #
Prayers for our friend Bruce and his wife Colleen. Hard to say the right words. If there was a better soul to pray for, I do not know who it is right now. I am pulling for you my friend. May God lay his healing hands on you and keep you safe.
Amen.

Obo

Bike
'03 ST1300A
The answer seems simple from those photos. He just needs more M&M's.

1595332432938.png

Here's sending prayers, positive thoughts and well wishes to both, and all family and friends. When a loved one is sick, everyone feels it too.

Top Bottom