OP
OP
JimSTer

JimSTer

Motorcycle "rider"!!
Bike
15 Yamaha FJ-09
STOC #
Colleen decided and I agreed that we should all take this opportunity to reveal one (or more) of the lighter moments that you remember about Brusky. So share your story here so that Bruce and the rest of us can see it.

And I'm going to start it off with one of the funniest moments that occurred when Bruce and I were on our two week trip to Florida for Bob Donaldson's Memorial and our trip up the East coast from Florida and ending at FerrySTOC.
This was about halfway through the trip when we were getting the bikes ready for our stay in a motel somewhere along the East coast for the night.
As we finished up with the covers etc. Bruce says to me "I've got a padlock that I'm going to put on the front brake rotor to prevent anyone from stealing my bike tonight.

We had already stayed in some pretty seedy looking places and never had any problems.
But I thought OK if you want.
So the next morning we got ready to head out for the day as usual. We were both loaded and on our bikes. I started out and rounded the building headed for the highway. I could no longer see Bruce from where I was.
We were using a Sena communicating system. And Bruce's voice came through. He said...."can you come back around the building and help me"?
So I did. And as soon as I saw Bruce he's standing by his bike that's laying on it's side. And I immediately realized what had happened. We both totally forgot about the padlock.
All I could do was laugh. And so did Bruce.
He never used the padlock again as far as I know.

OK ,now it's your turn to share with Bruce and the rest of us your story.
Please remember it doesn't need to be funny.

Kevin_56

Site Supporter
Bike
20 R1250RT
STOC #
Most memorable was my first time meeting Bruce. At Aerostitch in Duluth. He was already inside when I, Greg Kane and another friend arrived. Noticed an ST1300 backed to the curb. Looked at the bike and license when I saw a nail in the rear tire. Went in and asked who was the owner. This skinny old guy answered. He was Bruce and could stop thanking me for seeing it. Always a good laugh or two when he was around. Won't mention he and Mark (big Bird) mooned Greg at one of the Spring Green events. I do have photo proof.

Prayers to Bruce and Colleen

Bike
07 FJR1300
STOC #
The first time I meet Bruce/Mark was at the gastation west of the border of MN/South Dakota. on the ways to NatSTOC always like to have Bruce tag along while riding long distances, he used to lives about 8 miles from me. we would plans our trip to many STOC of many states events also closer by. the longest trip I got Bruce to tag along was to RockSTOC. I rode down to Sioux Fall meet him there then we rode all day to Colorado, we rode through Nebraska on HWY 80, after 30 miles or so after Lincoln i would slowly speeding up to 95, 100 up to 125m/h we would ride tank to tank for hundreds of miles, as we approaching west of Nebraska Bruce was tired and we decided to stayed overnight at hotel. After we checked in and resting up in our room. Bruce was cackling/smiling. I asked Bruce what's so funny? He said after riding bike all these year and followed many people I never gone over 100m/h until today and he said it was the most exciting ever I ever has in years...! with a big smile and said I love it! :biggrin: at that time I thinks he's 74yo. Bruce is a great person fun to be around I look at him up as a brother from different mother. :rofl1: Also Colleen her laughter/smile are bright-up my day also great rider to ride with. Colleen, let me know if you're up for the ride? just let me know. Loves you both you are my GREAT friends, :thumb:20200925_063249.jpg20200925_063226.jpg20200925_063159.jpg20200925_063132.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:
Bike
18 Gold Wing
STOC #
The first time I met Bruce was at FerrySTOC several years ago. During that camping event my Big Agnes air mattress failed. After a crappy might's sleep I was up early trying to find the leak. Bruce came over and offered his help and the use of an official Big Agnes patch kit. We searched hard and could not find a leak. Finally we went up to the shower room and filled a sink 0r cooler (can't remember)with water and started sticking the mattress under water in sections; an entire seam was leaking tiny pin hole size leaks. We both agreed I was screwed! Della brought me a spare from their house so I was good to go. Bruce and I became friends after this meeting and looked forward to meeting each other at STOC events. A few years later Bruce and Jim stopped by and spent a night at the house on their way South. In 2014 I organized a trip to India to ride the Himalayas and cross some of the highest motorable passes in the world. Bruce and George were the first to sign up! He was excited about that trip! Unfortunately Bruce became quite ill just before we were to leave and never made the trip. :( ! We have hoped that we could make good on that trip in the years to come.
Bruce is a kind thoughtful man and a good friend to have!
Wishing you the very best my friend!

Attachments

OP
OP
JimSTer

JimSTer

Motorcycle "rider"!!
Bike
15 Yamaha FJ-09
STOC #
I've known for sometime now that this day was getting closer, when Colleen would be calling me with the news that Brusky passed away. He had been mostly sleeping and passed peacefully last evening about 7pm.

Arrangements are pending with Wright Funeral Home, Moorhead, MN

wrightfuneral.com

Last edited:

cybervet

Site Supporter
Bike
2018 GL1800BD
Thank you for the news Jim. I've been been afraid every day to open ST-Owners for fear of seeing this, despite knowing the day would come. This makes me sad, while at the same time I am glad that Bruce is at peace and without pain.

R.I.P. Bruce. I am so happy that I could call you friend.

Colleen, my thoughts and deepest condolences go to you now.

ibike2havefun

Still above the sod
Site Supporter
Bike
Bikeless (9/29/2019)
STOC #
Sad to read but inevitable and, now his suffering has ended. Godspeed, friend-I-never-met.

EDIT: I just looked at his profile. It speaks volumes about his opinion of this remarkable group that he was still making it a priority to visit the site as recently as this past Tuesday.

Last edited:
Top Bottom