Alaska 2023

Bike
04 ST1300
Glad to see you made it back on your own steam. Hope you dont have to be on the meds too much. Stick to the lower 48 for your next adventure. A lot of fun to be had here and roads are a tad better.

Jethro

R.I.P. - 2023/10/20
Rest In Peace
Bike
2006 st1300
Home sweeeeet home.Rest up in a nice shady spot,fresh holler air,and the birds a chirping.
You know the rest. Many more Happy Trails for you.

dave

Bike
R1200rt
Made it to just north of Kansas City, KS for the evening - about 700 miles or so.
600 miles to the Holler tomorrow where I was told that my internet is down. :rolleyes:
I can't feel anything 'rough' edges where the pain is so I don't think I've broken anything at this point.
But I can tell you if I sneeze or cough, yellow water wants to run down my leg ....:eek:
I'll get it tended to when I get back to the Holler.

A little trick you may not know -
If you start to sneeze, put the tip of your tongue between your upper lip and your upper gum in the center and apply pressure with your tongue. (There's usually a little 'connector' there) and it will usually stop you from doing it.

Even with the trouble I've had, it's still been a great trip that I would do over if I hadn't already done it.
I just wouldn't follow the pilot truck into a 'ravine' and would pick my own line through the mess! :biggrin:
you might have a good case for a law suit. The dot worker instructed you to do something you were not comfortable with , didn't let you pick your own line and put you in harms way. Who has more miles on two wheels?

free ( Yukon injury lawer ) advice https://macgillivraylaw.com/yukon

Last edited:

sirepair

Let's RIDE!
Site Supporter
Bike
2003 ST1100P
STOC #
What an adventure!! Glad you've made it home safe and mostly sound. Heal quickly and fully, and we'll see you down the road!

OP
OP
Uncle Phil

Uncle Phil

Site Supporter
In The Holler West Of Nashville, Tennessee
Bike
4 ST1100(s)
2024 Miles
STOC #
Just got my x-ray results - no breaks, cracks, or lung damage - for which I am thankful.
So I guess I'm not broke, just badly bent - I think the medical term is 'multiple contusions'. :biggrin:
The worse part of it is I have to behave for a while til I get over it ... :think1:
But the meds are working as I am starting to get some sleep now.
Thanks for your concerns and prayers.
Poor BlueBelle is in my shop as I am going over what all needs to be repaired - and the list grows.

Top Bottom