Alaska 2023

Hiccups are no bueno, as well.... and I'm equally unable to stop them with intention as I am with a sneeze. :(
Hope you're feeling better soon, Phil!

OP
OP
Uncle Phil

Uncle Phil

Site Supporter
In The Holler West Of Nashville, Tennessee
Bike
4 ST1100(s)
2024 Miles
STOC #
Hiccups are no bueno, as well.... and I'm equally unable to stop them with intention as I am with a sneeze. :(
Hope you're feeling better soon, Phil!
Still a little sore but I'm doing fine - I haven't had any hiccups and for that I am very thankful! :biggrin:
I can sneeze and cough now without wetting my britches and that's a good thing. ;)

Bike
2000 ST1100Y
STOC #
Cracked Ribs, eh ? Ouch !
Geezz.... No wonder... That thing was a real Bear Trap.
Glad to hear you feel a bit better now.

And Phil.... How does BlueBelle is recovering ?
Did she received any replacement parts yet ?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Uncle Phil

Uncle Phil

Site Supporter
Bike
4 ST1100(s)
2024 Miles
STOC #
Cracked Ribs, eh ? Ouch !
Geezz.... No wonder... That thing was a real Bear Trap.
Glad to hear you feel a bit better now.

And Phil.... How does BlueBelle is recovering ?
Did she received any replacement parts yet ?
Bluebelle is repaired and ready to roll again.
New mirror covers, new saddlebag lids, new exhaust system, oil & filter change, and a few other items that she needed.

Bike
2004 ST1300
Uncle Phil. I got busy for about a month and I'm just learning of your Alaska trip now. Sorry to hear you had a spill. Bikes are repairable you are not. Sounds like a good ol' hockey injury. Nothing worse than cracked ribs. They just take time to heal. Happy to hear you made it back home.
If you've every heard of the Canadian band Rush their drummer owned a GS and did your Alaska tour. I wonder if you came across the same road crew? His book called Ghost Rider explains his travels across Canada, Alaska and USA into Mexico. Good read.
Look forward to seeing you in Renfrew. Ride safe my friend.
Dave

Jethro

R.I.P. - 2023/10/20
Rest In Peace
Bike
2006 st1300
I’ve followed your terrible troubles from day one,Hanging tougher than l could imagine.
Not to take anything away,but to note that every rider that l know gets off the ground and looks and worries about the condition of their BIKE.Dunno, just instinct to care for a loved one I suppose!
Happy trails.

OP
OP
Uncle Phil

Uncle Phil

Site Supporter
Bike
4 ST1100(s)
2024 Miles
STOC #
I’ve followed your terrible troubles from day one,Hanging tougher than l could imagine.
Not to take anything away,but to note that every rider that l know gets off the ground and looks and worries about the condition of their BIKE.Dunno, just instinct to care for a loved one I suppose!
Happy trails.
My problem was I couldn't get off the ground until the kind folks in the cars behind me helped me up and then helped me get BlueBelle out of the deep mud and rut. ;)

Top Bottom