Funny!

bdalameda

PaleoCyclist
Bike
Africa Twin
No way you would see me up there , I personally hate ladders. Good reason had one break at the shop and have had neck problems since then.
I used to fly airplanes a lot, did aerobatics, flew sailplanes, flew hang-gliders in my youth and even flew a hang-glider off of Glacier Point in Yosemite back in the early 80's. Never an issue with fear of heights at all, but, put me on a ladder and I shake and am very uncomfortable. I have to use ladders a lot with the work I do and have to climb up steel ladders to rooftops sometimes 30-40 feet up. All have safety cages etc. but I really hate it.

Bike
F900 XR
2024 Miles
I used to fly airplanes a lot, did aerobatics, flew sailplanes, flew hang-gliders in my youth and even flew a hang-glider off of Glacier Point in Yosemite back in the early 80's. Never an issue with fear of heights at all, but, put me on a ladder and I shake and am very uncomfortable. I have to use ladders a lot with the work I do and have to climb up steel ladders to rooftops sometimes 30-40 feet up. All have safety cages etc. but I really hate it.
I used to do rock climbing. No problem hanging off a 100+ foot cliff. Ladder??? No.

Chris

Bike
'07 ST1300
I had an extension ladder braced against the orchestra pit wall, through the lighting grid and up against a six inch beam at the open beam roof peak. My weight caused a two inch sag so young and stupid went on up. About half way the guy holding the ladder starts shaking it and laughing his @** off. I could have killed him. A-hole. When I got down he’s still roaring. He hadn’t been shaking the ladder, it was my knees knocking.

Top Bottom