Himalayan Tour-Mussorie to Leh (Ladakh)

thepaleobiker

Paleo, Runner, Spiritual, Dancer
Bike
2006 ST1300A "Vikki"
STOC #
Beautiful pictures! The sweet innocent kids can certainly snatch the keys away, and make one trade the key for cash!

I didn't know there were such "weeds" on the roadside! Something additional learned! :-D

And the Enfield classic 500 look gorgeous in that aqua blue/green paint. Awesome stuff.

Regards,
Vishnu

sent by thepaleobiker - on Tapatalk

OP
OP
Indian Express
Bike
18 Gold Wing
STOC #
Spent most of the morning setting up Danny's and John's bikes. George had the rear crash bars taken off his bike since they were a little wider than the front crash bars. Everyone got as new string of prayer flags for our bikes. After lunch we took about an 80KM ride down to Rajpur and back. Stopped for coffee and some had pie. Everyone seems to be getting the hang of the roads, bikes, and traffic. I'm packed and ready to go, hopefully I can catch a few winks tonight before we head out tomorrow morning for the big mountains of Himachal Pradesh. Catch up with you all when we have wifi.

Attachments

Digiamo

Come play with us, Danny......
Bike
Suzuki DL650
STOC #
Thanks for capturing the spirit of this ride, Fali, especially those two dancing riders expressing their joy to be alive and in such good company.

GS3&TT2

GBChief

Site Supporter
Bike
'07 ST
Stay safe and have fun. The high in the 'boro is 85 today and tomorrow 90. Ill be thinking about you and the heated gear. :)

OP
OP
Indian Express
Bike
18 Gold Wing
STOC #
Stay safe and have fun. The high in the 'boro is 85 today and tomorrow 90. Ill be thinking about you and the heated gear. :)
I can't sleep any more! It's 4:45 and I'm wide awake, no laying back down to take a short snooze! The whistling thrush is doing her thing outside anyway bringing the morning to life.
Glen we will have almost two days of pretty hot weather ourselves as today we will ride off the foothills and cross the plains of Punjab to Jhallander we will be back at 6500 ft or so when we reach Patnitop tomorrow. Proabaly need the heated gear by mid-day June 3.
The van is coming over here at 7 AM to pick up our luggage; Paul and I will ride over to Doma's Inn and meet the rest of the crew shortly there after. Excited....

Bike
2014 FJR ES 2009 WEE
Fali.....enjoy the ride of a lifetime....wish I was with you....................ride well, ride safe..........and have fun......................ff

Bike
'12 GL1800
STOC #
Fali, thanks for letting us ride along with you, vicariously of course, and keep us posted when you can. You guys ride safe....maybe I can catch the next trip.

John

Bike
2005 Concours
Fali, thanks for keeping us all updated. Really looks like you're having a great time.

Hey George, what's with the blue boots?

Be safe on your adventure.

Digiamo

Bike
Suzuki DL650
STOC #
We arrived safely in Leh, near the Chinese border.
Great riding so far. Soon as I caption some pics, I will post.
Here is a teaser. :)
uploadfromtaptalk1401919960071.jpg

GS3&TT2

Last edited by a moderator:
Bike
2005 Concours
Danny, Thanks for the pic. Wow...now that's a traffic jam. How long did it take you guys to get through all that...or are you still there..lol.

Keep the pics coming. Really enjoying your adventure.

Bike
2014 FJR ES 2009 WEE
Even if splitting was an option there I'd think twice about it............nasty jam..........great pic Danny.....keep 'em coming..................ff

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
LOL.. all the way to China for LA traffic....

Great stuff, I can't stop looking.

Bike
2014 FJR ES 2009 WEE
Best part is looking UP............out of sight around the bend.......hope nobody up there's a rock roller................ff

Digiamo

Bike
Suzuki DL650
STOC #
It was all one way traffic...they alternate directions each morning.
Zojila Pass in Kashmir, India. 11, 600'
We started out at 4 AM to get a jump on this traffic and did well too.
We passed all these trucks and cars and had an adventure doing it. When the opening brought us too close to the drop off, we moved to the inside.
George and one or two other of our group is in this shot.
Can you see?

GS3&TT2

thepaleobiker

Paleo, Runner, Spiritual, Dancer
Bike
2006 ST1300A "Vikki"
STOC #
Wow, that's a long traffic jam! I remember when I visited Manali a few years ago, I had to go via that very same road and we had a small traffic condition because a truck had slipped off of the road!

This seems to have more backed up traffic. Hope you didn't have to stay too long in that spot! The view from there is spectacular! :)

Regards,
Vishnu

sent by thepaleobiker - on Tapatalk

Top Bottom