Way out West June Trip...

Mark

Gotta make tracks
Bike
KTM 525exc
STOC #
Some random pictures from our little 500m Sunday loop.

Mark

Attachments

Last edited:
Bike
04ST1300A
STOC #
Good shots Mark.

Are you using James as part of your dermatology thesis?!!! :D

--Bryan
04ST1300A
:04biker:

Mark

Gotta make tracks
Bike
KTM 525exc
STOC #
Good shots Mark.

Are you using James as part of your dermatology thesis?!!! :D

--Bryan
04ST1300A
:04biker:
Coon-eyed Jim...

That pic is warning to all... get a face shield that blocks UV if you're going to ride int he weST... :)

Mark

Bike
'08 Connie C14
STOC #
So, just feel free to rub it in...you all have a good time and I'm not even there!

I get the face...I have for years...I really like some wind on my face, so I ride with a 3/4 or the shield up. Anyway, I suggested to one of the ex Big Toms that when I died she might want to tan my cheeks (face cheeks) and use them for a wallet:)

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
Nice.. .Joshua Tree is an incredible park, hope you had time to ride around it. Looks like you guys are having a great time.

OP
OP
bygdawg
Bike
ST 1300
Joshua tree was nice. Dan...I don't know about "living" in AZ. It's a great place to visit with, as George says, "3 or 4 great roads." Actually, I saw some really interesting towns and sights while we were there, but I don't think I'd like that much heat, although it was nice not to have the humidity along with it like we do in Dixie. Fortunately, we don't have the heat for as long a period of time as they do in AZ, and I can assure you that we get more rain. lol Funny thing is that we did actually get a little rain, if you can call a sprinkle rain, just after we passed through Sedona. Mark accused James and I of bringing that with us. Anyway, we had a great time there and are having a great time along the way. We're doing a lot of riding, taking lots of pictures, taking lots of video, and getting very little sleep. lol I actually slept in a bit this morning. I think I was do a little catching up. I'll post more pictures and details after we get some ride time in today. Hope everyone is having a great summer.

Ride Safe,
bygdawg

dmulk

Dan Mulkiewicz
STOC #

SupraSabre

48 Years of SoCal Lane Splitting/Commuting-Retired
Site Supporter
Bike
12/04 ST 1300s
2024 Miles
STOC #
If you guys decide to ride to Chaparral MS (during the daylight hours 9 - 5, like on Wednesday), let me know, I'll meet you there. my office is only about 10 minutes away. Lunch would be fun! :)

OP
OP
bygdawg
Bike
ST 1300
Bike
2013 K1600GTL
STOC #
Thought the bridge people would like the bridge shot...

The moonshine tee is just to let you know that those moonshine people really get around!

Who is this this masked man!

Enjoy!
Mark
Yea, Yea, Yea!!!

Mark, I can't thank you enough for letting me buy one of your MiraCool vests. I would have just cooked coming across the desert!!!!! I soaked the sleeves of my shirt and jacket also. Those were bone dry in less than 30 minutes!!! My temp guage hit 113, amazingly hot and super dry. The desert was beautiful though. Joshua Tree N.P. was fantastic. When we hit the mountains up here it was 51 degree's!! Quite a temperature spread.

Short ride today, only about 150 miles, but all twisties. Some ten mile an hour curves. Muiltiple 270 degree switchbacks and long sweepers that just go and go and go and go. The Rim of The World Highway up here was in the clouds on the way back to the cabin with about 30 knots of wind. Absolutely amazing.

It is just getting better every day!!

JD

dmulk

Dan Mulkiewicz
STOC #
Man I wish I was up there with you guys....

You took some good photos... should be a good preview for CreSTOC II next year. :)

Make sure you BBQ that Hamburger in the freezer! I was way over stocked! :)

After you hit Chaparrel, you should hit AngeleST CreST tomorrow. You'll kick yourself if you don't do that while you are in town. Take HWY 138 west past silverwood lake and over the 15 FWY. Then.... um .....ask Byron.... he took us up the back way. Was a great ride!!

<D>

OP
OP
bygdawg
Bike
ST 1300
OMG...We must be on the same wave length, as James and I were just looking that over, as I said, "hey what's that cool looking squigly road" when I saw it on the Mapsource program. We're still having problems with the Mapsource program because it doesn't want to find specific addresses for some reason. We picked up some chicken and grilled out this evening. The view as the clouds came rushing in over the mountain were phenominal, as was the riding today. We wish you could've come out to have shown us around a bit, but we're using your GPS files to get by. Aren't you feeling a little sick? Maybe sick enough to call in tomorrow but still well enough to do some riding. :eek:: Either way, thanks so much for all the information and the great hospitality. Do you think that Angela's Crest would be doable on the way out to the PCH or better to just slab it to the PCH? In short, would it be too much to do on a day when we're planning on doing so many miles on the PCH? We're planning on stopping by MCL's on the way out and planning on going by the local dealership tomorrow. Also, we're looking at the main CrestSToc 07 ride for tomorrow. We probably won't be able to work in the Mile High ride. Would it be better to scratch that and do AC's or do AC's on the way out and keep things as is?

Thanks,
bygdawg

P.S. How would we let you know Supra? I don't have your cell number... We are planning on running by though. FYI...

P.S.S. I should've mentioned this earlier, but if any of you are planning on doing Mt. Lemmon in AZ, you should really watch out for the tire snakes. The day that James and I were there, I almost wiped out in turn three or four starting up the mountain. I can't really remember which one it was, but it was a hard right before a large pull off. I was hard into the lean angle when the rear tire broke out. I managed to put my right foot down hard and fast on the pavement and get the bike to come back up before hitting the mat. Just a reminder to any of you that are out that way...Watch out for that soft patch work! Two big things that I've noticed that I have to really watch out here are small or large rocks in the curves and sand that has drifted off the Mt. side, both of which can be deadly with drops like we've had and on-coming traffic. Everyone remember to ride safe out there and have a great summer.

Last edited:

dmulk

Dan Mulkiewicz
STOC #
Hmmm.... I think AC could work with the day you want to hit PCH. It would add about 2 hours onto your ride (maybe 3) but it would be a good breakfast run if you get going early enough. You could loop back to the slab and get to PCH after the AC ride and have plenty of time.

As far as the main CreSTOC ride, RickJ added a modded ride that added about 30 mins to the ride and it was a nicer ride than I had planned.... over all, it will be a nice ride if you just stick to that ride.... :)

Unfortunately, I can't call in sick.... if it was any other week....:) I have the VP of our parent company coming into town for a meeting with me and my team and we don't know what it is about. (Who knows... I could be riding with you guys on Thursday for the rest of your trip if he is coming down to lay me off... hehe..)

Man i wish I was there... hehe :)

<D>
PS: You'll have a great lunch / dinner at The Lookout. Sit on the back patio and shoot some photos of Lake Elsinore..... Did I say I wish I was there with you guys?

Bike
2013 K1600GTL
STOC #
We have an open position for another rider. We are holding interviews/auditions on Thursday. Let us know if you are available!! LOL.

JD

Top Bottom